Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
....and I'm from Illinois so I can verify the authenticity.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Untitled.jpg (9.4 KB, 158 downloads)

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper
And the list goes on.

Someone should write a song on this subject, that would be a hoot!

And Bud, you are not naive but well informed.

I hope you're not lumping Bud in with that ongoing list? eek laugh

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn

Not at all.
He says he reads four balanced and well vetted news sources, but then says he’s naive. I don’t think he’s naïve. Well vetted sources are a good thing.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

Not at all.
He says he reads four balanced and well vetted news sources, but then says he’s naive. I don’t think he’s naïve. Well vetted sources are a good thing.

My comment about naivety was a tongue in cheek reference to Billy's post were he went into some detail discussing how misinformed I am regarding the current state of AI, etc., and how my described "cloistered net world" I reside in was not as I perceive it. Poor me. laugh

But since the VAST amount of my time is spent mountain biking, hiking, trail building and studying/photographing old architecture (all with my wonderful wife) I reckon I'll survive my relatively brief net ventures. smile

Bud

Last edited by Janice & Bud; 05/07/23 03:19 PM.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
And the one that isn't a hoax ... Santa really is an anagram of Satan!

Last edited by Gordon Scott; 05/08/23 06:00 AM.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I agree with Bud to some extent about being 77 and continuing on my oblivious journey. I said something similar to Steve in North Carolina.
"I am getting old, and I am going to die and leave these issues for you young people to sort out."

The moniker "Planobilly" mainly resulted from living in Plano, Texas.

My house was eight minutes south of the Allen Premium Outlets in Allen, Texas, a place my wife and I have shopped at several times.
AI may truly cause serious issues but what is going on in the United States is gloomy indeed … perhaps more than a bit dystopian.

It would be easy for me to continue my "oblivious journey." Well, that is, until I am personally negatively affected by AI or other issues I have limited control over.

I try to be informed. I try my best to put security measures in place.
I sleep well at night knowing I have serious security systems in place and that I am well-armed, well-trained, and as well prepared to protect my family and friends.

There is no reason to get overly upset or excited about these issues. There are excellent reasons to be well-informed and put whatever measures in place you can to protect yourself.

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Here is a known known. AI or not, there will always be a sub population of cognitively challenged and minimally educated adults that will believe in falsehoods. Here are just a few:

Santa Clause is real

You missed one.

Santa Claus has an E at the end of it. grin

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
If you don't want the robots to take over, then don't invent the robots. You don't want a Terminator, don't invent the technology. AI is the current money grab and it will be developed to a point that something bad could happen. One thing you can count on is our "leaders" in DC will not do anything of substance to stop or curtail it unless it affects their power. I am not being exclusive here, both major parties are guilty. It is always about money and power. Even the climate. If there were no money to make, I guarantee you there would not be as much going on about it. I know as I work for a company that stands to make several hundred billion dollars from the green push and that is not an exaggeration. They are betting the farm on it. If the next election results in a regime change, and certain aspects of legislation gets repealed, we will be up the creek for some of it as a lot of the money is based on government handouts of course, which you and I are paying for.

As for the creative world, the gate keepers are always looking for ways to get more without paying more. Having an AI create is way better than some temperamental creative! The current WGA writers strike is all about the fact that the writers are not benefiting from the 'streaming revolution'. The model has changed, and they are still being paid like the broadcast rules specify. In their world it is kind of feast or famine. They have to live off the good jobs in the times they are not getting to write other stuff. Very similar to the music world.

AI is only going to make this worse.

Warehouses are getting more and more automated and as soon as they can invent a robot to do what a person is doing they go to it. Robots don't want days off, don't need sick time, and work tirelessly. You need a mechanic or two for repairs etc. vice a building full of people that have to have SS and Medicare taxes paid and health care and so on.

Its not all bad. I get to still play guitar and enjoy myself regardless.

I don't watch the news I don't really trust any of them to tell me the truth anyway. Deep fakes will soon hit the campaign trail and you will never know if what you are seeing is real or fake. The movies already do that. I am pretty sure the dinosaurs in the Jurassic movies are not real!

Just an opinion, everyone has one you know.

My wife asked if I had seen the dog bowl. I told her I didn't even know he could.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Before deepfakes, there was...

This poor dog was badly burned and disfigured trying to save his family from a house fire
One like = one prayer
One share = ten prayers

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: sslechta
....and I'm from Illinois so I can verify the authenticity.

And just how to you plan to verify the authenticity of Illinois? I believe that's what you were trying to say?

It feels a bit like the Bible is true because the Bible says it is. What web of circular logic and you pulling us into Mr. St. Louis, Missouri? grin

At least your attachment has been properly vetted. I do have to give you that.

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
It feels a bit like the Bible is true because the Bible says it is.

Funny you should mention that, I was just the other day arguing at the dog park with a guy who was saying just that. He seemed to find the circularity comforting. I said, but Bob, I could write a book and say "everything here is true" and that wouldn't make everything true. He replied, but you're not God, and I gave up.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes

Verse 1:
I was just a dog, my name was plain
Until my owner played a cruel game
He placed a ham upon my snout
And snapped a pic, then sent it out

Chorus:
Now thousands prayed for Hamdog's burn
But there was no AI, no digital churn
Just a simple prank, a foolish game
Yet the internet was taken by this canine's shame

Verse 2:
My heart was heavy, guilt weighed me down
I never thought this ham could cause such a sound
People sharing, commenting, showing love
But it was all a lie, sent from above

(Chorus)

Bridge:
I forgive my owner, he meant no harm
But now my name is known, and my fame is warm
Hamdog they call me, a dog with a tale
And I'll keep on wagging, I'll never fail

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Here is a known known. AI or not, there will always be a sub population of cognitively challenged and minimally educated adults that will believe in falsehoods. Here are just a few:

Santa Clause is real

You missed one.

Santa Claus has an E at the end of it. grin

Nope.

The e is for embrangle cool

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
It feels a bit like the Bible is true because the Bible says it is.

I tweeted once "All of you people who base your opinions on the bible and what god says, where are people like me who don't believe in god supposed to turn for guidance?"

I had over 2000 hate mail tweets after that one. Some people were AGHAST that their could be someone who doesn't live their life based on some book that may or may not exist, that IF it exists is nothing more than a collection of stories that nobody can prove are true, and was passed down through generations, translated many times between languages.

It's like some religion based game of Telephone.

In a bar once with 8 people sitting at a round table, I whispered this joke to the person next to me and had them whisper it to the next person. The joke was this.

A guy walks into a restaurant. The waiter asks what he wants. He said "I'll have 2 pork chops, and make them lean." The waiter says "Sure sir. Which way?"

When that joke came back to me the girl on my left said:

"A guy walks into a restaurant. The waiter asks what he wants. The guys says "I want some pork chops but make sure they don't have a lot of fat on them." And the waiter says "Sure mister. Which way?"

That's how I view the bible I don't believe exists. Like a thousands of year old game of Telephone.

I wonder how AI would tell the story of The Loaves and the Fishes? Someone with an account care to test that?

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
That's how I view the bible I don't believe exists.

Well that is weird because I am pretty sure the bible exists. I may have one or two right here.

My wife asked if I had seen the dog bowl. I told her I didn't even know he could.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
You have something that to me is just a book of stories. Your belief system makes it "the bible".

The point of that post slightly left turn of a post was to say that people can believe what they choose to believe and like something they choose to like. Like Drake AI, Kanye AI, Usher AI, McCartney AI, Dylan AI, etc... Everything in life is optional. (Except that it eventually ends.)

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
... Everything in life is optional. (Except that it eventually ends.)

You forgot Taxes cry

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
... Everything in life is optional. (Except that it eventually ends.)

You forgot Taxes cry

I don't have to pay taxes anymore. grin

2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: etcjoe
If you don't want the robots to take over, then don't invent the robots. You don't want a Terminator, don't invent the technology.

I didn't.

Interesting that Rick refers to an already posted & popular video as proof his prediction...the one he hasn't made yet!
Rick doing Rick.

Last edited by rayc; 05/08/23 02:36 PM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I don't have to pay taxes anymore. grin

You don't buy gas for your car?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,632
Posts735,245
Members38,521
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
SYOTR, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy, vasilich, maxrob61
38,520 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 180