Go To
#766519 05/24/23 02:16 PM
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S

There are now more than 3,000 REAL tracks.

I suggest a few categories. I think the StylePicker category is pretty good. Why can't it be applied to Real Track?

1. Classification of musical instrument names. Choose guitar, piano, harmonica, etc

2. Classification according to intro, Verse, chorus, etc. For example, if I want to make Verse, check it and RealTrack suitable for Verse will come out. If I pick the guitar up here. Then the guitar suitable for Verse comes out. Of course, it doesn't have to be, but at least it gives you a starting point.

3. Categorize by music genre. Like pop, rock, rap, electronics

4. Classify by speed

5, let my users own classification, such as their favorite can be put in a directory.

Does everyone agree? In the future, there will be more and more Real tracks. If not classified, it will only make everything more and more troublesome. Now I have a text txt to record the characteristics of each instrument separately. Very troublesome.

WIN10 20H2, AMD R4800H ,16G , 2T ,FOCUSRITE 2i4 MKII,Studio One,FL STUDIO
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
On the bottom of RT picker you can filter quite a few things, but the process is a bit unintuitive and not sequential.

I believe you have some valid points here most were brought up before. I strongly support sorting by Instrument Family type (guitar, piano, harmonica etc) That, in my view should be #1 column in the picker which would double as filter. Because in 99% of cases you already have an idea of what type of instrument you will be selecting.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
On the bottom of RT picker you can filter quite a few things, but the process is a bit unintuitive and not sequential.

I believe you have some valid points here most were brought up before. I strongly support sorting by Instrument Family type (guitar, piano, harmonica etc) That, in my view should be #1 column in the picker which would double as filter. Because in 99% of cases you already have an idea of what type of instrument you will be selecting.

A lot of people mention that, but BIAB hasn't changed anything, has it?

It's very important to me that we go by instrument.
Because I don't know English at all. I only know the words guitar, piano,Bass.

If I needed another instrument, I wouldn't know how to spell it.

A harmonica? How to spell, I first go to the dictionary to see if it is correct, then RT search, very troublesome. grin

RT is an important core of BIAB.
Some very searchable features should be added.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
If you have a directory. I'm going to click and try. Over time, I formed the habit of operation. Even if I don't know the English word, I know what it is. Because I'm used to it.

But the RT dialog is filtered by typing words. My poor English caused me great difficulty.
I am familiar with the English section. How do I type it? I know a few simple English words at most.

I only know a few simple English words. But I had no problem with STYLEPICKER. Because STYLEPICKER is so well designed.

I wonder if STYLEPICKER works well, why not RT. grin

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
see attached. "Show All" button will reset filters

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
filter.jpg (244 KB, 177 downloads)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
see attached. "Show All" button will reset filters

This option needs to be entered by yourself.
For people who don't know English, it's very difficult.
I still prefer the stylepicker dialog. stylepicker has options and is more convenient and fast.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
SwingBabyMix,

Do you use the English version of Band-in-a-Box or are you using Band-in-a-Box with a language pack for your native language? If in English have you tried the language pack for your native language?

If you do use Band-in-a-Box with a language pack, does the language pack translate the instrument names into your native language?

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I'm fairly sure that SBM communicates in Chinese. I'm not sure if there is a Chinese language Pak for BiaB.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
[quote=Jim Fogle][/quote]

Hello

Let me share an interesting fact.
In fact, even if there is a Chinese version, we still use the English version.
Because the textbooks on the Internet are in English. If the online textbook is in English and we are using Chinese, then many options are hard to find.
Another reason is that the content itself comes from the West. Therefore, English is most appropriate. Take the word MIDI for example. When I see MIDI, I know what it means, but I don't know how to replace it in Chinese. Therefore, we all use the English version, so that you can understand the options, even if you do not understand the English, but know the meaning of the button option is OK. Into Chinese, more confused.
My STUDIO ONE is always in English, which will not confuse me. Although there is a Chinese version of STUDIO ONE, I never use it.

And then, what's the problem? Not English or Chinese. It's the design of the software itself.

The core of my post is. STYLEPICKER is well designed, hopefully REALTRACKS can be STYLEPICKER too, very convenient.

The problem with my post is not to change English into Chinese.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
SBM, I think everyone here is trying to help you.
Just two days ago, you wrote:
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix

It's very important to me that we go by instrument.
Because I don't know English at all. I only know the words guitar, piano,Bass.
If I needed another instrument, I wouldn't know how to spell it.

Today you wrote:
Quote:
Let me share an interesting fact.
In fact, even if there is a Chinese version, we still use the English version.

Well there is a confusing difference between: "Because I don't know English at all" and "even if there is a Chinese version, we still use the English version."

Many people (including myself) have spent an enormous amount of time and effort to genuinely assist you even though you admit that you are reluctant to learn music theory or even learn to play a musical instrument, and I'm afraid I now really don't know the correct way to assist or support.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack

Let me explain it to you again. For example, the word MIDI cannot be explained in Chinese, but we already know the meaning of MIDI, so there is no need to translate it. Just write MIDI. I know what that means. There are many similar examples.

So, use software. Whether it is BAND IN A BOX or STUDIO ONE, there is no problem in using English.

My problem, not with the English interface, is that the RealTracks dialog can be made as convenient as STYLEPICKER. There are a few options. I can see that, but the input is the problem. It's like some people can speak English, read English, but can't write English.

Currently, RealTrack has more than 3,000 contents. There should be a more convenient search method.

Finally, it's impossible for me not to study music theory, I learn and experiment every day, it's my hobby.
I don't like instruments. Because I like computer music production.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack

As a user, I'm just making a comment. Hopefully the REALTRACKS directory does a better job.
If you don't feel the need to change, just object or don't leave a message.

How did it end up being "I'm not going to learn music, I'm not going to learn an instrument"?
Does this have anything to do with it?
Also, if I don't have music knowledge, how do I type chords, how do I use BAND IN A BOX. Did I just write it all up?

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
swingbabymix,
I agree, that there is a need to improve search/sort content. It had been discussed here before.

However, in simple terms, you should be very thankful that user are trying to help you. Many big musical software companies, that have forums don't have dedicated and friendly group of people to guide you. BIAB is not an "easy" to learn software even for English speakers. It takes time and patience.

We, as users, don't have a control of how BIAB develops. Usually a group of items suggested in wishlist gets done. If it makes you feel better, I also strongly feel that management of BIAB library (all content) can be significantly improved. The picture I provided should give you more control on sorting/filtering.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Online Content
Expert
I also suspect the translation software sometimes lacks nuance and makes the posts appear more demanding than was intended.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
SwingBabyMix,

I agree the RealTracks Picker can be improved. I also believe the RealDrums Picker can be improved. I will stick with the RealTrack Picker for now.

1. The RealTracks Picker "Name" column classifies by musical instrument.
2. The RealTracks Picker "Type" column classifies by use. RealTracks are not designed for song structures like Intro and Verse. Instead they are designed for use as they would be used in a band such as lead, background or rhythm instrument. This follows the normal structure of a band ensemble where each instrument plays a specific part to create a cohesive song.
3. The RealTracks Picker has a "Genre" column. If the genre names you want are not listed maybe you can suggest some additional RealTrack genre names in the +++ Style & RealTracks +++ Wishlist forum section.
4. The RealTracks Picker "Tempo" column classifies by speed.
5. RealTracks Picker User classification column. +1. Nice idea.

My reason for asking what version of Band-in-a-Box you use was to discover if any of the international forum sections might prove useful to you. I don't know, and don't have a need to know if your native written language is Simplified Chinese, Standard Chinese, Japanese, Korean or some other language. I asked so I could present you with a link to the appropriate international forum section.

In many cases an international forum section is moderated by software distributor technicians that understand Band-in-a-Box very well and have contacts within PG Music they can contact when they need information. Other times a forum section moderator will be an interested user that likes to help others.

Either way, it is an additional forum resource for your consideration.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Clipboard01.jpg (348.12 KB, 87 downloads)
RealTracks Picker
Clipboard02.jpg (346.94 KB, 87 downloads)
RealDrums Picker

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
R
R
I purchased and downloaded full version of BIAB 2020 including Real Tracks but now the realtracks files disapeared and all I have is BIAB with General MIDI sounds.
Why do I have to purchase again the realtrackas again? What does guarantees that the Real trackas wont´disappear again?

Whay may I be doin wrong?

I feel Cheated and robbed by PG Music

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Roger Leos
I purchased and downloaded full version of BIAB 2020 including Real Tracks but now the realtracks files disapeared and all I have is BIAB with General MIDI sounds.
Why do I have to purchase again the realtrackas again? What does guarantees that the Real trackas wont´disappear again?

Whay may I be doin wrong?

I feel Cheated and robbed by PG Music

Welcome to the forums, Roger.

Firstly, I very much doubt that you have been cheated, and secondly, I'm sure that this is resolvable, most probably without purchasing the RealTracks again.

1: Which 'full version' did you purchase (Pro, Mega, Ultra, etc)?

2: Did you install the RealTracks on a different drive (e.g. a removable drive)?

3: Can you log on to your PG Music Account (top RH corner of this web site) , select My Products, and check if the RealTracks are available for you to download.

4: If the above is unsuccessful, contact PG Music Support (the link is on the same page), or by Chat, then explain your issue, and see how this progresses.

We are only members here, just like you, but the company has an excellent reputation for customer satisfaction.

I'm fairly confident that this will be resolved satisfactorily.

Also, RealTracks don't just disappear, there has to be a reason. My suggestion is to identify the reason, and this might save the issue from occurring in the future.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert

Roger made a mistake: because even the lightest version, the "pro" contains a lot of RT. And don't be mistaken, when you buy RTs it's for life, you will never be able to "redeem" them because you have deleted them, you will just have to DL them again, as our friend RT has indicated.

Biab Audiophile 2024 11.11, Win11
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Good idea. Thanks

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,513
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195