Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
My friend at work's son plays the cello. Mainly as a tool to get into college on a music scholarship. His tutor/instructor is one of if not the top cellist in the state of Florida. She has to work a "day" job to live and she plays in 2 Orchestra's, 1 for the ballet and 1 that is just straight concert music. Ridiculous.

My wife asked if I had seen the dog bowl. I told her I didn't even know he could.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: etcjoe
My friend at work's son plays the cello. Mainly as a tool to get into college on a music scholarship. His tutor/instructor is one of if not the top cellist in the state of Florida. She has to work a "day" job to live and she plays in 2 Orchestra's, 1 for the ballet and 1 that is just straight concert music. Ridiculous.

Wow! Sounds like she needs to move to Cleveland.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

This is sad, sad, sad. Her music should provide her a comfortable 6 figure income.

It's not hard to project into the future where music schools, music instructors and muscians fade into near extinction. This could take just a century or less.

The hope is that the coming generations will see much value in humans learning, creating and playing music.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Some of you know that while I've always been a professional musician, my day job was a comp. sci. prof and then dean of academic affairs at a junior college. In the late 90s we created what I thought was an innovative program for a one-year degree, a certificate in music performance. It was designed to help kids, some who were disadvantaged musically or financially, to get a year to hone skills at lower cost and be better prepared to enter a music school. The program was very popular and successful. Twenty-five years later, I could not in good conscience create such a program.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
We have evidence of bone flutes dating back 40,000 years. I assume there was not much competition in those days, but who knows?

Perhaps paleolithic “flute playing Willie” was also complaining about how little food he was given for his musical talents…lol

I imagine Willie got tired of his lot in life and headed on down the Silk Road, where he encountered new and strange instruments with strings and cone-shaped objects that made frightening loud sounds.

Willie also quickly figured out he had to at least pretend to adhere to the religions of the day.

Historically, religions have promoted the use of music, and for a while, Willie found work in Hinduism. Some of us here on the forum are paid by the church to this day to play.

We don’t have much to go on from this early period of music. There are a lot of passages about music written in the Rigveda but no music has survived
Willie was not the only musician on the journey to the future. Ling Lun was ordered by Huangdi, the Yellow Emperor, to invent the bamboo flute to imitate the songs of the Fenghuang birds.

Further on down the road, there was an increase in trade, and Willie hitched a ride on an elephant, and down the Silk Road, he went!

Willie had a bunch of kids, and by the time he died, they had taken off for parts unknown, spreading the word of the new wave of music.

Well, here we are in 2023, wondering what the future of musical sound will be and if they are going to feed us. The poets have a rather dim view of the future.

By Mr. Bobby D

"Well, he hands you a nickel, and he hands you a dime
And he asks you with a grin, if you're havin' a good time"

"The lamppost stands with folded arms, its iron claws attached
To curbs 'neath holes where babies wail, though it shadows metal badge
All and all can only fall with a crashing but meaningless blow
No sound ever comes from the Gates of Eden."

Because most of us are driven to play music, music will be around for as long as this pale blue dot we live on exist.

We may get paid, we may be forced to pay to play, we may have to hide underground, we may be forced to record on x-ray film but we will continue to play music. Our voice may be tiny and weak but we try our best to be listened to.

Engineers at JPL's mission control initiated a signal telling the NASA's Deep Space Network to send the song into space. For the first time ever, NASA beamed a song - The Beatles' "Across the Universe" - directly into deep space at 7 p.m. EST on Feb. 4.

Billy

Last edited by Planobilly; 06/02/23 11:10 AM.

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: sslechta

Wow! Sounds like she needs to move to Cleveland.

LOL, yep, sounds like the pay is much better. Maybe she doesn't like snow?

My wife asked if I had seen the dog bowl. I told her I didn't even know he could.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I was born in a good era to be a musician. Children today are not that lucky.

When I was young, so was rock n roll. Anyone who was adequate could get a gig. Singles bars always hired bands 6 nights a week – playing records didn't draw a crowd. Every hotel, from a Holiday Inn on up, had a band playing 6 nights a week in the lounge. There were no karaoke nights, open mic nights, or sports bars. The extent of TV in bars was a local corner tavern with bar stools and perhaps one or two tables.

Except for two day jobs, when I was seeing what it was to be normal, I've made my living playing music. Even then, I played on the weekends.

Fortunately, I've managed to make a living doing music and nothing but music for the vast majority of my life. I never got rich, but I'm not poor either. And I have the luxury of making a living by doing what I would do for free if I didn't need the money. It's definitely more difficult for an 'unknown' to make a career as a pro musician these days.

The earlier times were better for creators, too.

In the early days of rock, you could self-promote yourself by bringing your 45RPM record to radio stations and convince (or bribe) DJs to play it often. Indie labels like Sun were the entry point.

...but time passed...

The big labels started buying up the small ones. Radio DJs no longer had the freedom to pick their own songs, it was done by the program director in the radio station. The bribes became bigger, and record labels hired promotion firms to take care of that. Self-promotion was dead, and the indies that didn't get bought up by the majors died.

I suppose in the early days of the Internet, a band could promote themselves, as there wasn't much competition. Now there is so much competition, extensive promotion is needed just to be noticed.

The labels are not as important, and Spotify, YouTube and others are where new music emerges. But with a zillion uploads per week, how will you be noticed? Word of mouth is good, but it's very slow.

Of course being a nepo baby or knowing the right people and being in the right place at the right time has always helped. But that avenue isn't available to most of us.

Oh, I'd love to write a song that becomes a classic, recorded by dozens of others, and receive all that passive income, but that wasn't meant to be for me.

I can improvise a good solo, I can sing better than a lot of today's stars (don't need no stinking auto-tune), I'm a decent musical arranger, and I have played 7 instruments professionally. But I don't have the gift of poetry and metaphors to be a good songwriter.

Until the 60’s record producers discouraged artists from writing their own songs, because they already had a rich supply of songs from professional songwriters. Then band managers began to encourage their acts to write their own songs because they figured out that the real money was in writing and publishing royalties. It wasn’t until the rise of artists Like The Beach Boys, The Beatles and Bob Dylan that artists were expected to write their own songs.

Most stars depended on professional songwriters, from Tin Pan Alley to the Brill Building, most of the stars, Elvis Presley, Aretha Franklin, Count Basie, Glenn Miller, Connie Francis, The Animals, Dionne Warwick, Frank Sinatra, Diana Ross, The Four Tops, Impressions, Temptations, Cookies, Crystals, Marvelettes, Tony Bennett, Bobby Vee, Frankie Avalon, Four Seasons, Brenda Lee, Bobby Darin, Fats Domino, Everly Brothers, The Drifters, The Coasters, Etta James, Dion DiMucci, Otis Redding, Wilson Pickett, Shirelles, Ronettes, and the list goes on and on and on played music written by others.

Of course, there have always been famous folks who wrote and sang their own songs, but until the later 60s, they were definitely the minority. Smokey Robinson, Buddy Holly, and so on (no more long lists this post).

How to do it today?

There is more than one right answer.

For me, it's get on stage, pick up an instrument or start singing, and get into that place where there is no space, no time, no words, and no self. I just feel the music flowing through me, instead of from me, hear the contributions from other musician(s), and feel the energy from the crowd. It's pure bliss, and it's not only my livelihood, it's my drug.

For others, it's songwriting. Some both. Some are UTube stars. Spotify artists. Some like me full-time, others part-time. Some figure out how to get noticed, some get lucky.

Some create wonderful apps like Band-in-a-Box that help us enjoy our life of music.

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
To expound a bit more .... from my POV.....

I agree that the old days were quite different for musicians and writers than today's world.

I got out of the service in 75 and hung around Jacksonville, NC while I was going to school to learn something useful. I ended up in a couple of different bands during that time. During those years in Jville, it seemed like there was more work for bands then there were bands. Rock clubs, dance clubs, top 40 joints, disco clubs, and country music nightclubs. There were a multitude of civilian clubs and an entire military nightclub system, all of which used live bands. I recall several times, playing over 21 nights straight without leaving town. And of course there were more clubs in the surrounding towns and cities and the beach towns. If you weren't playing in a band and you were reasonably talented and or had a PA system it was because you didn't want to play. Just in town at one point there was maybe 12 bands working at least the weekends. Players would quit one band and be in another in a day or two or less. It was like musical chairs with the bands at times. In one band we were starting from scratch, the bass player said at the first practice.... I have a club that wants us as soon as we can do a full night show. That was the reality of that area in the 70s and 80s. Some people booked shows and didn't have a band but would then put out the word and hire players to do the show. I remember joining one band on a simple invite to come "bring your guitar to the club and set in and jam" The weekend ended with money in my pocket and a job with the band.

Now... I think there's like one or two clubs that use bands, a lot of coffee house kinda places with single or duo's.... and the military club system stopped using live bands altogether many years back. They figured out that bands don't equate to beer sales with Marines. You don't have to encourage a Marine to buy a beer. Who knew, right?

My last band gig was a house band gig that lasted two and a half years. Mid 80s if I remember correctly. Packed house every weekend. Same place, same crowd, every weekend. That was fun and the money wasn't bad and we didn't have to tear down and travel home at 4am. Wed rehearsal, Fri & Sat, play the gig. Occasional weekend off so we could have a life.... another band would be hired for those weekends. When that was fixing to crash and burn.... I saw the impending signs that I'd seen before..... I started putting my studio together.

On the professional concert/radio/TV & Film music level.... The days of low hanging fruit are long gone. Getting music to an artist is nearly impossible unless you happen to hang out with them, write with them, or know someone in their circle of friends. Same thing applies to placing music in film and TV. No easy paths exist anymore. The bar is so high that many songs simply don't cut it on the quality of either the writing or the production values or both. Everything is so narrowly focused and the quality required is unreal. A guitar part that someone thought should have been done in another way, an edit that is barely audible, a click, or the style is not quite dead center, is reason for "sorry, we can't use that" . And even when you do get the cut.... it's literally just pennies or at best a couple of dollars for the use. Getting past the keepers of the gates is the hard part.

Anyway...... my 2 cents worth

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 06/03/23 05:50 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
the western music world may be approaching some level of satiety with respect to melody and lyrics.

Over the last 100 years (my arbitrary timeline) many great melodies have been created.
Many great lyrics have been written.

Often new songs sound much like many other songs we already know.
Some so much that one person takes another to court regarding the idea.

Dare I say there's a lot of derivative melodies.

Certainly there's a lot of worn out cliche's continually used in music (cue steve goodman's "never even call me by my name" penned some 50 years ago) lyrics.

The original singer/songwriter of today is climbing a very steep slope. Not only are there seemingly many more of them out there, it seems as if a lot of the best material has already been taken.

Not saying all of it. Just saying its hard work to get anywhere playing music, let alone stuff you write/compose.

As a regularly gigging musician (covers), I tip my hat to those getting traction with their orginal music.

biab2023(Mac)
Logic Pro X
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
"On the professional concert/radio/TV & Film music level"

Gatekeepers! You either are one, you know one, or you most likely will not get through the gate. I am speaking here mainly about large studios like Universal.

People who buy products and services are in business to make a profit. They buy first from their long-time suppliers, who consistently produce the results they are looking for at a price they are willing to live with.

Even if you produce a better product at a lower price, getting the gatekeeper to notice you is hard, if not nearly impossible.

There are other cultural issues that define what "supplier" is suitable. That is not a subject I am willing to comment on in a public forum. That is PM material.

On a more local level, when trying to move up, there are very unpleasant questions a band has to answer. Is your vocalist an A-list quality singer? Can your guitar player play almost anything note for note? Are your original songs actually great? Can you travel around on a tour bus without killing each other? If not, you must consider that you don't have what it takes to compete with the best, most famous bands out there because they "are" your competition.

There is music, and there is the music business. Music is fun, and the business is brutal.

Billy

Last edited by Planobilly; 06/03/23 07:44 AM.

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
While I was in the Navy I had a couple of bands that I played with. Out in Idaho, we were called the Idaho Spud Machine (Gloria Estefan already Had the Miami Sound Machine!) Any way we played in a little Quonset hut bar out near Atomic City. It was the only place out there and was on the way home from work. Many people stopped there on their way home. We were good and made some money. Not you could live on it money but it was fine. As military bands go, we all transferred away in time. When I got to Virginia late 80's early 90's got another band going. We were a country band as that new wave of country artists were hitting it big. Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, Brooks and Dunn and many more. So we got steady work on weekends mostly. Again it was not making a living type money, but it was steady extra money. Of course, we were all on a ship so we did have to go to sea, which would put a damper on the playing. We had a couple of civilian guys in the band, bass and drums, so they had to find other work while we went to sea.

Most places have single, or duo acts on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, afternoons and evenings. There are 2 or 3 places here in town that have full bands several nights still. And we have a big park that does live shows on Friday nights with bars, food trucks all that. These bands do quite well. All cover bands.

You can find places to play and get paid for it. If that is what you want. You need to have a good act and sound and in most cases be non-intrusive as you are really just background.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
etcjoe[size:14pt][/size]

Send me your phone number to planobillyfl@gmail.com

My phone died and I lost your number.

Billy

Seize the moo-ment
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
As the live music industry withered away in the 1980s, the then future Mrs. Notes and I were in a 5-piece band.

Two things were happening:

1) Club owners were paying less for bands, because there were more bands needing work than places that used bands. By then DJs, Sports Bars, Comedy Clubs, Open Mic Nights and so on were filling places where bands formerly gigged.

2) Personnel problems further withered our income. In one year, two members quit and we ended up out of work for 3 months while we found and trained new musicians.

Knowing that as a rule, smaller groups make more money per musician than each musician in a larger group, we decided to form a duo.

I bought a Teac A3440 4 track 15” reel to reel deck. Since I play sax, flute, guitar, bass, drums, and some keys, I could make my own backing tracks. This was very new at the time. So I recorded everything but the parts we wanted to play live, mixed to cassette and got gigs.

We got a 3 week with options gig on a Carnival cruise ship. Carnival liked us because our lounge generated all-time record-breaking revenue. We weren't that good yet, but we figured out what the cruise ship was lacking and focused on that. The 3 week options ended up 3 years on the ships, and we gave notice to take care of Mrs. Notes' ailing mother.

By the time we got off the ships, we were well seasoned and as good or better than any duo in South Florida, where we live.

On the ships, we collected requests, and learned the songs that got requested most frequently. We still do that.

Also MIDI came around, so we redid everything with MIDI as we learned new tunes.

We haven't been out of work since, except during the COVID drought.

We had a house gig in a club for 12.5 years, the plague came, the club got sold, and the new owners wanted to pare down to single acts. So we went to a competitor, he hired us on our reputation, and we've been there a year and a half now. He says we have the gig for as long as he owns the resort.

Yes, it's a business.

We are employed because we take the business side seriously.

1) We learn what the public wants to hear. Songs requested frequently or by a regular customer get learned.

2) We are pleasant and easy to get along with. The bartenders, wait staff, management, and owners like us as people.

3) We go over and above what the club hired us for. Crowd having a good time and it's break time? Skip the break. Our shift is over, and the audience wants more? If no one is following us, we play long.

4) We put ourselves in the proverbial shoes of the person who hired us, and make our decisions with that in mind. In a commercial club, anything that we can do to make the club more money is a go. For private parties, anything we can do to make the guests tell the host/hostess they had a great time is a go.

5) We don't do set lists, but read the crowd, play what they need, when they need it, even thought they don't know when they need it.

Besides the business end (above) Mrs. Notes and I really enjoy singing and playing. It's the most fun we can have with our clothes on.

We are very good at what we do, the backing tracks are great. Mrs. Notes is a fantastic singer and she plays guitar and synth. I'm an excellent sax/wind synth player and decent at singing, guitar, and flute on stage, and because I also play bass, drums, and keys, I can make our own backing tracks, in our key, and our arrangement.

I don't know what works for the zillions of songs uploaded that can make you an overnight star, but I do know what it takes to keep working, and as that changes, we adapt to the changes.

Mrs. Notes and I have been in this duo for 38 years now. I tell the audience, “The only band who has been together longer than is, is the Rolling Stones.” After a pause, I'll add, “And we still have all the original members.”

If making a living doing music and nothing but music is the dream, we are living the dream.

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
You forgot to boast about how you are the best band in the universe and how you play 15-20 gigs per month... And cruises. Let's not forget how you play cruises.

Do you have all this flexing in a text file somewhere, because almost every post you make contains all of the same "look at us and how great we are" items. All that's missing is that you went to high school with Bob Dylan, as we used to see once a week at least...

More and more I am happy that you didn't come to Herbstock.

Last edited by eddie1261; 06/05/23 01:53 PM.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I came here for the stats update and ended up finding, yet again, elaborate C.V.s in narrative/memoir/revisionist history form.
It's no one's fault...threads go off topic more often than not.

Perhaps there could be a "sticky" section in which we all post out "brag book" and can link to that rather than ...oh, that's not the point is it?

I remember when I was one of those that wrote, played, performed, made & posted music that went nowhere.
I enjoyed doing it.
I still do.

Last edited by rayc; 06/06/23 12:54 AM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
As the live music industry withered away in the 1980s, the then future Mrs. Notes and I were in a 5-piece band.

Two things were happening:

1) Club owners were paying less for bands, because there were more bands needing work than places that used bands. By then DJs, Sports Bars, Comedy Clubs, Open Mic Nights and so on were filling places where bands formerly gigged.

2) Personnel problems further withered our income. In one year, two members quit and we ended up out of work for 3 months while we found and trained new musicians.

Knowing that as a rule, smaller groups make more money per musician than each musician in a larger group, we decided to form a duo.

I bought a Teac A3440 4 track 15” reel to reel deck. Since I play sax, flute, guitar, bass, drums, and some keys, I could make my own backing tracks. This was very new at the time. So I recorded everything but the parts we wanted to play live, mixed to cassette and got gigs.

We got a 3 week with options gig on a Carnival cruise ship. Carnival liked us because our lounge generated all-time record-breaking revenue. We weren't that good yet, but we figured out what the cruise ship was lacking and focused on that. The 3 week options ended up 3 years on the ships, and we gave notice to take care of Mrs. Notes' ailing mother.

By the time we got off the ships, we were well seasoned and as good or better than any duo in South Florida, where we live.

On the ships, we collected requests, and learned the songs that got requested most frequently. We still do that.

Also MIDI came around, so we redid everything with MIDI as we learned new tunes.

We haven't been out of work since, except during the COVID drought.

We had a house gig in a club for 12.5 years, the plague came, the club got sold, and the new owners wanted to pare down to single acts. So we went to a competitor, he hired us on our reputation, and we've been there a year and a half now. He says we have the gig for as long as he owns the resort.

Yes, it's a business.

We are employed because we take the business side seriously.

1) We learn what the public wants to hear. Songs requested frequently or by a regular customer get learned.

2) We are pleasant and easy to get along with. The bartenders, wait staff, management, and owners like us as people.

3) We go over and above what the club hired us for. Crowd having a good time and it's break time? Skip the break. Our shift is over, and the audience wants more? If no one is following us, we play long.

4) We put ourselves in the proverbial shoes of the person who hired us, and make our decisions with that in mind. In a commercial club, anything that we can do to make the club more money is a go. For private parties, anything we can do to make the guests tell the host/hostess they had a great time is a go.

5) We don't do set lists, but read the crowd, play what they need, when they need it, even thought they don't know when they need it.

Besides the business end (above) Mrs. Notes and I really enjoy singing and playing. It's the most fun we can have with our clothes on.

We are very good at what we do, the backing tracks are great. Mrs. Notes is a fantastic singer and she plays guitar and synth. I'm an excellent sax/wind synth player and decent at singing, guitar, and flute on stage, and because I also play bass, drums, and keys, I can make our own backing tracks, in our key, and our arrangement.

I don't know what works for the zillions of songs uploaded that can make you an overnight star, but I do know what it takes to keep working, and as that changes, we adapt to the changes.

Mrs. Notes and I have been in this duo for 38 years now. I tell the audience, “The only band who has been together longer than is, is the Rolling Stones.” After a pause, I'll add, “And we still have all the original members.”

If making a living doing music and nothing but music is the dream, we are living the dream.

Originally Posted By: eddie1261
You forgot to boast about how you are the best band in the universe and how you play 15-20 gigs per month... And cruises. Let's not forget how you play cruises.

Do you have all this flexing in a text file somewhere, because almost every post you make contains all of the same "look at us and how great we are" items. All that's missing is that you went to high school with Bob Dylan, as we used to see once a week at least...

More and more I am happy that you didn't come to Herbstock.

After reading Eddie's comment, I'm kinda' glad I didn't come to "Herbstock" either.

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Win-11; BiaB-2024-latest Beta;
Cakewalk; Melodyne-5; Scaler 2; NI Komplete:
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,563
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200