You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#88555 - 10/20/10 04:18 PM [User Showcase] Short Film Soundtrack
Jay23 Offline
Enthusiast

Here's something different I've started fooling with that I'm pretty excited about. This audio is for a Super 8 film festival I entered. $25 entry fee, they loan you an old school super 8 camera, you shoot your 3 minutes 20 seconds and there is no editing. You can submit a soundtrack but you don't get to see the final result until the night of the showings. I think the quality is just about as bad/good as my film is going to be!

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9783464

As far as what I did:

I looped a lot of short segments of realtracks and then exported to garageband where I added some Apple percussion loops and played a little bit of a garageband synthesizer. All the stringed instruments are Real Tracks except for the bass which I played. Long story short I had to record vocals on my old Snowball USB mic but I think the quality is sufficient for the overall level of the entire project.

Edited by Jay23 (10/20/10 04:19 PM)

#88556 - 10/20/10 05:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Short Film Soundtrack [Re: Jay23]
Loc: Louisiana
Marty Wittmann Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Louisiana
Hello Jay,
Talk about thinking out of the box! I loved it. Good mix and great editing of RT. It just shows what can be done with BIAB in any type of media. Keep up the great work and good luck in the contest.
Marty

Band In A Box (current) Sonar Producer X2, Windows 7, 16 Gigs Ram, Quad Core, AMD Processor, Alesis MK2 Monitors, Roland Quad Capture Audio Interface,

#88557 - 10/20/10 08:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: Short Film Soundtrack [Re: Marty Wittmann]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Hi Jay23, LOL. Very creative. Let us know when/where we can see it. Hope you win!

#88558 - 10/22/10 06:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: Short Film Soundtrack [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Hi Jay23, yes this is very creative. Excellent mix also. Good luck on the contest.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#88559 - 10/23/10 10:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: Short Film Soundtrack [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Greater Boston
DrDUBose Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Greater Boston
Vocals are fine, as are strings, and the structure's cool too, nicely mapping to things in the poetry. The bass seems kind of "boomy" on my subwoofer system, and wonder what that track might sound like if it were eq'ed with less low end and more mid-range. Would love to see the visuals when it sweeps the competition.. Best of luck...(And you can throw my opinion of the bass track in the drainage ditch in ten pieces, just as long as it doesn't end up near the mistake by the lake!) Peace..

music at
http://www.bandmix.com/drdubose

#88560 - 10/23/10 03:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: Short Film Soundtrack [Re: DrDUBose]
Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
rharv Offline
Veteran

You got me to laugh
Reminded me of "Heathers" .. nice job. Soundtrack fit very well.

You can read the hieroglyphs on the bathroom wall .. that was good.

Bass may benefit from a touch of EQ, but not a deal killer here; rest of project more than compensates.
Nit-picking, the reverb cutoff (or damping) could be lower on female vocal track, with less predelay

But this is a great job IMHO.

Edited by rharv (10/23/10 04:08 PM)

#88561 - 10/23/10 04:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Short Film Soundtrack [Re: DrDUBose]
rharv Offline
Veteran

Quote:

...(And you can throw my opinion of the bass track in the drainage ditch in ten pieces, just as long as it doesn't end up near the mistake by the lake!)

.. or wash up on the West Virginia side..

if you didn't listen, you ain't gonna get it

Edited by rharv (10/23/10 04:10 PM)

#88562 - 10/23/10 04:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Short Film Soundtrack [Re: Jay23]
Loc: Chicago
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chicago
Super job, but you say there is a video to go with this? Got to see that too.
SoundCloud

#88563 - 10/23/10 04:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Short Film Soundtrack [Re: Jay23]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
It's all been said, Jay! This is incredibly clever. You've taken BIAB to a whole new planet!

All the best with the competition,
Noel

#88564 - 10/24/10 05:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Short Film Soundtrack [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Skyline Offline
Veteran

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Wow. Original, enthralling. The real deal. Congratulations on putting that together.
If it doesn't win, just send the track to David Lynch and he'll make a superb TV six-parter from it!

John
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4

#88565 - 10/25/10 08:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: Short Film Soundtrack [Re: Skyline]
jim111 Offline
Journeyman

Hi Jay23,

I can't stop laughing long enough to post. lol

I think we get our drinking water from the Ohio river. I have a filter on it and it tastes ok, but dang, wish I had the money to spring for some bottled.

Really good, thanks for sharing.

Later,
Jim

#88566 - 12/13/11 09:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Short Film Soundtrack [Re: Jay23]
pghboemike Online   content
Veteran

Heard the tune ready for the movie! Great job

#88567 - 12/16/11 09:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Short Film Soundtrack [Re: pghboemike]
Loc: The Netherlands, Europe
Superbron Offline
Journeyman

Loc: The Netherlands, Europe
Quote:

Heard the tune ready for the movie! Great job

ditto!

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Program Manuals - Online Resource

Did you know that you can view both a PDF & an online program manual for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2019 (and RealBand 2018-2019) on our support page? It's a quick and handy way to look up feature explanations, tutorials, and other resources without having to locate your physical manual or the PDF in your BB folder!

Learn more here.

Russian Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - JAWS Screen Reader Announcement!

For anyone that uses the screen reader program JAWS (Job Access with Speech), the scripts for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is ready for both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions!

Learn more about these JAWS scripts here.

A HUGE THANK YOU to Peter Torpey for all his hard work on these scripts - we really couldn't do this without him!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows: Exporting MIDI

Learn how to export MIDI when you watch our latest video: Exporting MIDI.

Video - Custom Endings (Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows)

You can create your own custom endings within Band-in-a-Box® - just head to your song settings! Anthony explains how to adjust the settings so that your song ending is customized... watch it now: click here.

Read more about Custom Endings in the online manual, here.

Video - The Melody Sequencer & MIDI Channels in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows

In our latest video, Anthony explains using the Melody Sequencer to separate MIDI channels within the program - Watch now!

Read more about this feature.

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box®!

Here's some of the wonderful feedback we've received lately:

"I gotta admit Band-in-a-Box is great software. I have version 2018 and I use it for a ton of my videos i make on my YouTube channel."
"Wow this program has come a long way over the years! Great sounding audio tracks!"
"I absolutely love this product and use it everyday."
"If you want to write songs, then you should use Band-in-a-Box. I simply love it! It really produces a professional touch!"
"For an amateur songwriter like me this software is a dream come true and the fact that these musicians have been paid to create these tracks makes me happy to use this software without worrying about ripping people off. Just brilliant!"
"I've been a PG Music customer for over 20 years. Best value for music software product hands down. Create a full backing track in minutes and then experiment with styles and different instruments for a whole evening. The software is so good, it's the main component in TRIO band creator!"
"I bought the UltraPAK - wow what a revelation! There is so much that can be done to create a backing track of your own making! It took a while at first but now I feel like a pro in just a Month its good value for money..."
"I've been using Band-in-a-Box for decades and love it. Now using Reaper with Band-in-a-Box - Band-in-a-Box Rocks more than ever!"
"This is the greatest thing out, I've got it, just fantastic!"
"It's absolutely unique. No other music software can do what Band-in-a-Box does, and with such great results"
"Band-in-a-Box is an incredible product. Once you get up and running (and it doesn't take long at all) the musical possibilities are endless. The sound quality of the various styles and instruments is superb!"

Thank you everyone - we think our customers are AMAZING!

Do you love Band-in-a-Box too? Take a moment to check the Video Testimonials offer that is always available, and you could receive your next version FREE! For inspiration, check out the Video Testimonials that have already been submitted here!

Forum Stats
29649 Members
60 Forums
58494 Topics
492730 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
gitika, Donniebrook, gazebow, Gaspar Vidal, philouq

29649 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
rsdean 142
Jim 140