Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hans, some fantastic deliverables within your composition.

Lyrically, you have pushed the envelope, and well done for that.

Rhythmically, everything works just so well.

Musically, nothing has been left out.

Too many people are in denial, sitting on their hands. You created a protest song, and boy, you sure delivered.

Well done.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You did an excellent job on this Hans! Your mix is very good and the vocal has a great cutting edge to it that sits so well in the mix! A great thought provoking write and performance! Thanks, Torrey

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hans,
Excellent tune in all respects! Sad, but true. Mix is one your best!

I was just reading about the Doomsday Clock news this morning and was a bit spooky listening to your tune in the same hour...
Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Wow , This is just excellent!!! Love the music, vocal works well on this. Cliff

User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Birchwood

Jim, I knew you would like protest songs. At least it would have amazed me if you didn't. And I know that there are more and more sollutions for environmental issues, as you wrote. But I wasn't singing about that. The song is about the mentality of decision makers in a lot of important countries. They give the impression not to be willing to act on those problems. They deny them, or delay implementation of sollutions. Probably because it brings danger to economic growth. That was why I compared it with those weapos that can destroy our planet. buying them is never a problem. In Dutch the title 'would have been 'Al dat geklets, meaning All that banter'(but in 'flatter' language)
Hans

You've got my number Hans...
I love protest songs.
But sometimes the issues are so thorny
With nothing seemingly being done
So all we can do is cry
And write & sing songs of protest...

I don't think we will ever see our elected officials
Create agendas which will lead to solutions...
Their job is to get themselves elected again
So they can't afford to do anything that's radical.

So I wrote "take heart"
Changes will have to come from common folk
Like you & me & those unsung scientists
That come up with solutions which will work!

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Well, that's letting it all out. You shouldn't have fretted about the baritone guitar and the gospel singers...they both make the thing musically. This has a quite Jethro Tull-ish feel to me, which is the HIGHEST compliment I can give a rock song and I hope you can receive it that way. Really good work on this.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Wow - really nicely done! Really hits the nail on the head in terms of getting the point across, and the instrumentation works wonderfully with your vocal delivery. It really had a sense of urgency behind it, and I found it effective in what it was trying to do.

Thanks for sharing smile

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What a cool intro. Awesome song. Love protest songs. Excellent lyric and vocal. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hans,
Lyrically direct and absolutely necessary protest song- your vocal delivers the message with a convincing edge.
Its also a cool production- those gospel voices sounding more human than the other Biab bgv.
You`ve struck all the right angry notes here!

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Hello Videotrack, Torrey, Misha and Cliff,

I'm very happy with your compliments about the song as a totall (the melody, lyrics, mixing). The mixing- and mastering-processes went more smootly then I had expected. Now I only have to write down how I did that exactly ;-)

Videotrack, I hope not only the song will sound nice, but the message will work in the way you called it (I have delivered). I have some doubts on that...

Torrey, 'A great thought provoking write and performance', so nicely said. Thanks for this!

Misha, I became curious how you did that 'reading about the Doomsday Clock news this morning and listening to your tune'. I can absolutely imagine this combination is a very spooky, or creepy experience. Therefore I do one thing at a time. And also I'm very proud you called this my best mix. You said this before with one of my other songs, so my skills are improving quickly now ;-)

Cliff, I found it very cool to see you used three exclamation marks after the word 'excellent'. Beware I won't become vain by such nice words!!!

Thanks a lot,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello Hans,

Many many people are really worried about the Australian fire.
It is also reported daily here in Japan.
I think that difficult content has become a wonderful Protest song by your hand.
The usage of the each instrument matches this song very well.
And your vocals are splendid.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hans,

This is....

You've delivered big-time with this one. It's two very enthusiastic thumbs up from me.

I totally agree with fellow Aussie rayc when he says,

Originally Posted By: rayc
As someone suffering from the anti earth, anti democratic government referenced - I thank you.
It's also very good!
Get angry more often.

I've spent most of January writing comments on our national and local newspapers just to try and get people to see the problem we are now facing. It's pretty scary.

The tide is turning, thank goodness. Recent polls suggest that over 2/3rds of Australia not put anthropogenic climate change at the top of the list of worries.

We'll get their eventually.

Thank you for such a great song!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Hi Jim, Tangmo, Deryk, Scott, Robert, Shigeki and Noel,

Let me start by thanking you for listening and your compliments on this song. As for Jim, this is not the case for his reply, but I come to that.
Protestsongs are not so hot as songs about love and suffering. Some replies as; 'It's so easy to put the blame on politicians'. That's true. But the ones in power are to blame. Why do we have to believe it's the cowshit that spontaneously start burning and cause these fires? But no, I don't want a political discussion here. We're making music and discuss that. But if we don't cry out loud no one will hear us...

And Jim, what I wrote above is also my answer to you. And thank God (!)we are very very busy finding scientific sollutions. But we can't always rely on that without changing our attitude (now I sound like some environmental Ayatollah again).

Tangmo,thanks for you highest compliment that the song sounds Jethro Tull-ish. I almost feel 'uncomfortable' with your beautiful words!
I wasn't fretting about the baritonguitar though, but about the synth. I thought it would sound too dramatic. But no one said it did.

Deryk, 'It really had a sense of urgency behind it, and I found it effective in what it was trying to do'. These are so nice words! And I hope the last part will hapen. Though I am maybe a bit too cynical on believing that. I do hope I am mistaken.

Scott, while I was hesitating abouth that synth, you show me how wrong I was on that. Thanks!

Robert, yes, I was amazed how those gospelsingers fitted in the song. I tried those tracks but expected nothing much from them, but 'Surprise!', they did their utmost. Thanks BB! And then you used a nice sentence: 'You`ve struck all the right angry notes here!'. I had to look it up on Google, because 'angry' putted me on the wrong leg. but the transaltion gave the same words as I thougt you meant. But I wasn't thát angry, was I?

Shigeki, thanks for your very nice words and the concerns about the topic in your country as well. I think a lot of countries covered much of it, but does that make them think of their own behaviour? (Oh, here I go again...). I'm proud you called my voice splendid!

Noel, Whow, an A+ with two tumbs high!!! That feels greeat (I'm not cynical now!). I hope you and Ray and my sister and her husband know enough people to raise serious opposition against your government. And don't believe the cowshit-[*****] (this will becorrected, I'm afraid).

A nice day,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hans,

The government will change its ways sooner or later because a great deal of citizen pressure and global pressure is being applied to them. I've been doing a bit a research and the fact are astounding.

Here's a quick example...

In Australia in 2018, we pumped around 535 Mt of CO2 into the air above Australia.

Our country only has a population of 25 million and so 535 Mt is just 1.2% of global emissions. Now the number 535 doesn't look all that impressive. In reality it is 535,000,000,000kg of CO2 (if anyone wants to convert that to pounds multiply the number by 2.2).

Now, on elevators here in Australia, I've seen elevator companies give the weight of an average person as 68 kg. If I use this figure as the average weight of people in the world, then 7.7 billion people will weigh 524 Mt. That means, the 535Mt of CO2 that we pumped into the air is more than the weight of the entire world's population.

That's pretty scary and it's just a tiny amount compared to world emissions. And it's just a single year! As I tell my chemistry students each year, it is foolish to think that this much CO2 can go into Earth's atmosphere without there being consequences.

oops... I'll just kick my soap box over into the corner again!

I've discovered that I'm quite passionate when it comes to climate change.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Hans,

because of our illness (you called it 'a cold' - I'd call it at least a 'killer cold' - Grizzlies kept knocking on our door asking for lessons in producing suchfrightening sounds like they came out of our chests smile ) I'm pretty late to the party, but on the other hand you granted me the honor to be the first one to listen to this song in the process of becoming that smash thing it now is.

Remember that I told you that I am dead sure you'll be among the 2019 award winners? You wouldn't believe, but old Stefan was right. Because you simply deserve it. So congrats on that !

The final version has become a most terrific thing - the intro alone is just unbelievable !!! You really keep knocking them out of the park !!!

So keep 'em comming, friend. And that anger sure looks good on you, Crying Dutchman (sorry...)...

All the very best to you and Marijke, I'm really looking forward to our next phone call.

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Hi Noel and Stefan,

I was away for some days and couldn't log in to BB-forum (and more).

Noel, I sent your writings to my sister. Think she fainted after reading all your arithmetic work, because I haven't heard from her since.
But these numbers are pretty scary if you realize what that means... You must get yourself a new progressive government asap!
Thanks for sending it to me, although I have new problem now (my sister).

Stefan, as always you're terribly exaggerating. You just had a cold, like I had two times this year. Haven't seen grizzlies, only devils on my chest.
Your prediction worked out good about me becoming one of the winners of the BB-award, but you won as well and hadn't predicted that. So congratulations too! You earned it as well!
And thanks for your compliments on the song, and of course your attempt to help me make comprehensible lyrics. But I was on my own when you got the flu! Luckily the lyrics got no critics...

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Oh, yeah, those singers seem so appropriate, Hans. They seem to add spiritual credibility, if that makes sense --well, even if it doesn't, I suppose. Love the lyrics, the sentiment, and the emotion you bring in your voice. Every thing clicks, and pushes the song to a strong finish. Your vocal is superb.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,582
Posts734,708
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 197