Print Thread
Go To
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
My New Rusty Rhodes Kontakt Instrument.

Hi all

Just had my first go at making my first Kontakt instrument.
I had a few Rhodes piano samples so set about mapping them to a keyboard in Kontakt and making an instrument (Kontakt .nkt file) I squeezed another octave at each end, using the lowest and highest sample I had C1and C4 and stretching,
Still sounds surprisingly good.
Have uploaded to my boxnet for you as a 7-Zip file.
Just unzip to your desktop or wherever you keep you Kontakt stuff.
You will get 1 folder containing the nkt and a sub folder of samples.
You will have to use file load in Kontakt as there is no library file
Or just drag the .nkt file into Kontakt from it’s folder.
Warning do not separate or move the sample folder from the nkt file keep them together or you will get the samples not found error.
It’s not the best Rhodes Piano in the world but this was more to do with me playing around, but it is quite playable.

Let me know what you think.
Here is the link:
https://app.box.com/s/4ggttaqmk0iygwte5lp0z0llk9xeg92b

Have fun
Mike

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Untitled-1 copy.jpg (195.43 KB, 150 downloads)
Last edited by Mike Head; 07/11/20 02:25 PM. Reason: pic added

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Mike, you did a fantastic job on this! I like the fact that it is a raw sound, sweet but with no built in effects. I like sounds like that.

For others, this is a sweet sounding Rhodes. If you don't have a Rhodes or even have a number of them you should DL this beauty. If you have the full version of Kontakt adding a plate reverb and a chorus gives you a really sweet sound.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi all

Thank you Mario, for your useful comments and suggestions. Pleased you found it useable.
Thank you for taking the time to post, I appreciate it.
I noticed I have quite a few downloads but not replies, just the way it often is on forums.
Thanks again.
Mike

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hi Mike, this sounds really nice. I also like your graphics.

Had a little play with it. I added some tremolo and also a little reverb and it came up really sweet. But, that was to my taste not at all an issue with the initial sound.

Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Tony
Thank you for your interest.
Pleased that you found it playable and sweet.
Mike

Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi all Rusty Rhodes fans.
Well, nice to get some interest in this, so here is a later version with KNOBS ON.
You can download from the link below.

https://app.box.com/s/fmp7q9e32ewj8ez3may3rk5m85k7rbwb

As before keep everything in the same folder there is more this time due to the resources needed to accomplish this.

There are two pages of Controls selectable.
Tremolo and Reverb
Delay and Chorus
With key switches to turn them on and off (you need your Kontakt keyboard display tuned on) there are on screen buttons as well.
Also useful if working in Piano role view in you DAW.

I have also changed the sample mapping a bit leaving out the C2 sample as it was a bit aggressive and stretching the ones either side to fill the gap that is G1 and E2.

I especially want to say,
A big thank you to Forum member Teunis who wrote the Scripts and resources, knob images etc. for this gui. I learnt a lot from him as well along the way, and appreciate his help

Please note you will need Kontakt 5.0 or higher to load my instrument files.
Please let me know how you get on.
Have fun.
Mike

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
With Knobs on.jpg (443.28 KB, 89 downloads)

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Mike, you made some very nice improvements in this Rhodes! The chorus and tremolo are perfect. The delay is very nice while the reverb is nice, however I have better reverb plug-ins. That is not a knock down of it as the reverb is decent as will work in many cases.

This is a much improved Rhodes. Thanx for sharing it.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hi Mario, I used the legacy reverb (and other plugins) because I wasn’t sure what the older versions of Kontakt had. Adding the convolution Reverb would have involved extra scripting (To select the room or whatever) and also I would need to store the impulses to ensure they were available.

This can be done. The used scripting was done in a few spare hours. It was a fun exercise for me mainly to try the tremolo.

Even the delay is legacy. I found there is a little more complexity in Replika the legacy works simply and seems fine.

The chorus was as it came.

I didn’t add Vibrato. Well does a piano have vibrato. I was thinking about a Tone Control but that is another issue.

Using the notes (the original C2 for example) which appear to have been hit harder maybe could be used to create a Velocity layer. But that is just a thought.

Tony

Last edited by Teunis; 07/22/20 01:50 PM.

Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Tony,

A rarely if ever use Kontakt's effects. I convert the Kontakt tracks to audio in my DAW Studio One 5 and use my better effects there.

I believe most all EPs had tremolo but I don't believe they had vibrato. I could be wrong as I am a guitarist and not a keyboardist.

Last edited by MarioD; 07/22/20 01:59 PM.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hi Mario, I pretty much do the same.

I’m also a guitarist and I couldn’t imagine vibrato on a piano. I might just try it to see how it sounds.

Tony

Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi all blush mad blush
Spent all this time playing with it, so thought I had better play it lol.
Well I got to try and play this as a piano this afternoon and to my Horror I found that it was out of tune with itself across the octaves.
This meant it was impossible to play as a piano with LH chords in one octave and a RH melody in a higher octave.
After much testing and trying I decided that the samples where not quite in tune so the only option was to remove some samples.
In fact I finished up for best results using the C3 sample rooted at C3 and stretched up to C6 an down to C0
This gives a nice even sample tone and tuning across the range.
I have left the other samples in the resources folder if any one wants to remap their own version,
Sorry but you will need to re download from box net.
I have done both the original simple version and the one With knobs on so if you are keeping both the new in tuned versions are now ready on the old links.
The new versions went live about 6.30pm Bst Thurs 24 Aug.

Sorry for the trouble but could not leave it like that it was as much good as a chocolate teapot.

I purposely created this version in Kompakt 5.0 to make it of use to as many folks as possible as Kontakt instruments are not downward compatible from the version they were created in.
However I have tried it in Kompakt 6 and it works fine.

Have fun
And let me know how it goes.
Mike

Last edited by Mike Head; 07/24/20 08:18 AM.

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hi Mike, fear not this is a very easy thing to fix. In the map editor is an area for adjusting the tuning on the right hand side just above the zones. Put a tuner into the output and adjust away. If you like I can do this this afternoon my time. It’ll only take a few minutes.

Sent you a PM with the link to the tuned samples. Instruction in the PM.

Tony
Originally Posted By: Mike Head
Hi all blush mad blush
Spent all this time playing with it, so thought I had better play it lol.
Well I got to try and play this as a piano this afternoon and to my Horror I found that it was out of tune with itself across the octaves.
This meant it was impossible to play as a piano with LH chords in one octave and a RH melody in a higher octave.
After much testing and trying I decided that the samples where not quite in tune so the only option was to remove some samples.
In fact I finished up for best results using the C3 sample rooted at C3 and stretched up to C6 an down to C0
This gives a nice even sample tone and tuning across the range.
I have left the other samples in the resources folder if any one wants to remap their own version,
Sorry but you will need to re download from box net.
I have done both the original simple version and the one With knobs on so if you are keeping both the new in tuned versions are now ready on the old links.
The new versions went live about 11pm Bst Thurs 23 Aug.

Sorry for the trouble but could not leave it like that it was as much good as a chocolate teapot.

I purposely created this version in Kompakt 5.0 to make it of use to as many folks as possible as Kontakt instruments are not downward compatible from the version they were created in.
However I have tried it in Kompakt 6 and it works fine.

Have fun
And let me know how it goes.
Mike

Last edited by Teunis; 07/23/20 07:13 PM.

Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Tony
Many thanks for you help on this I will look at the pm and have a go later.
Thank you for your time and interest.
Best regards
Mike

Off-Topic
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
HI All Again.

I have today uploaded yet another version of Rusty Rhodes.
With help from Teunis once again who has kindly retuned a multi sample version, so that the octaves across the keyboard are in tune with each other.
You will recall I had trouble with the first version not being in tune across the keyboard, and having to reduce to a single stretched sample.

I have left the latest working versions there for any one that may prefer them from this new download
So in fact you can now have 3 working versions if you want.
Here is the link for the New Tuned multi sample version.

https://app.box.com/s/syd1rjl9nwakj3zz3q88172h947njhi0

Have fun, you thoughts would be appreciated thanks.

Mike

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,480
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195