Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Originally Posted By: Wiz
I am playing around with 2010 which came yesterday..and I am really enjoying the new features.

I would really like to be able to freeze part of a track......

cheers

Wiz

Well I bumped this post from Dec 2009, so that would be 11 years and Peter did reply and said it is technically possible.
It's a shame these things take so long around here these days, maybe they were young, keen and enthusiastic at one time but I wasn't here back in the early 90's to see how quick request were implemented so I wouldn't know ???
My hat goes off to Adar for the speed of the BiabVST (both Win/Mac at the same time) but he is held up waiting for the BBW4 side to be implemented by PG, but Adar is young and keen !!! if Adar could do the BB code it would be lighting quick.
With JJazzLab and Rapidcomposer they are keen and things are implemented so quick:

Originally Posted By: Musicdevelopments

Thanks for your very kind comment smile , and for being so helpful and enthusiastic for so many years.
Definitely no boardroom meetings :uhuhuh:
Attila

Quote:
crossovercable wrote: ↑
Every few days since it's release 10 years ago there has been fixes and new features added.
The development decisions don't have to go up through a hierarchy to be discussed in a boardroom meeting.
I think we are actually communicating with a higher being from another planet that has tapped into our internet, Attila is just the earthly name smile

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C

<< I appreciated learning about the audio performance track, and you spoke so highly of the things that can be done with such a track, so I am very curious about some ways that I could use the feature to my advantage...>>

Here's one:

"Obviously, like everyone in this thread, I just want the simple option of making a few clicks and saying "OMG... I love the riff the guitar does right there... let me freeze those bars!!" and then to continue working knowing that I have locked and frozen those bars in place for that track."

That's exactly what an Artist Performance Track does... exactly. The easiest, most efficient and quickest way is to save the entire track. All you have to do is open the track menu window and select Save as a Performance Track and those bars are securely locked and frozen in place for that track. But if you want to select a few bars and save them, an APT will do that too.

I don't know the workflow or tasks you'd rather do in BIAB to either avoid having to go back and forth between a BIAB project and a DAW or if you'd rather not have to use a DAW at all. So I don't know what particular tasks will work to your advantage. But, an APT can likely do any task that you currently leave BIAB and take a DAW in your present workflow, and do it without opening a DAW.

An important thing an APT does is to convert virtual BIAB tracks to a physical audio file. APT's expand BIAB's mostly MIDI based and virtual audio manipulation into a physical audio format. I'm confounded by the lack of attention toward the User track APT given by PG Music. An APT is a User RealTrack the same as the better know UserTrack but is more powerful in a project than the single track of a UserTrack.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Charlie, I can simply export a WAV directly without having to figure out and remember APTs. Then I can simply import that audio track back into my song if I want. I see absolutely no advantage to going the APT route. What am I missing?

Last edited by JohnJohnJohn; 08/24/20 06:46 PM.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Also, when I drag Master into the WAV quadrant I get one WAV file for each track. But I do NOT get a single file containing all tracks which is what I would think you want to import back into the song. However if I do an export as WAV then I get a single file and if I name it the same as my song it automatically appears in the audio track.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
Charlie, I can simply export a WAV directly without having to figure out and remember APTs. Then I can simply import that audio track back into my song if I want. I see absolutely no advantage to going the APT route. What am I missing?

1) There are a lot of similarities between exporting a WAV track and converting a track to an APT. The obvious advantage to saving as an APT is simplicity.

At some point you had to learn how to export a WAV file. After exporting WAVs a few times, it became second nature to you.
If you review the various methods of exporting a WAV file, you'll easily see there's much more to learn and later recall when exporting to a WAV than there is to saving as a Performance Track. You can export a track by using the DAW Drop quadrant, export a Mix using the DAW Drop Quadrant, Selecting the WAV radio button from the File Toolbar gives 3 different selections to export your WAV file forcing you to choose one. You can also Save your song as a WAV file from the File\Save Special Menu. You can export a WAV file from the Audio menu at the top of the main page. I think the final method is to Save a track to a WAV file from the BIAB Mixer track sub menu.....

There's one method to save an APT. One place to access the APT feature. One click to select and complete the process.

2) Saving a Track to an APT is approximately 2.5 times faster than exporting the same track as a WAV.

3) Saving a Track to an APT automatically freezes the track. You have to manually freeze a track you exported if you want to use the original track material without it regenerating.

4) Saving a Track to an APT color codes the track so it's obvious at a glance you've converted the Track to an APT.

5) Saving a Track to an APT renames the track so it's obvious at a glance you've converted the Track to an APT.

6) After exporting a WAV track if you regenerate, the original WAV track is erased and the audio material is replaced. You'll have a saved audio file of the original but you'll have an extra step to import that audio file back into BIAB in order to use the original WAV file on a track. Saving to an APT, regeneration does not affect the original track, it's frozen and does not have the extra step of having to be imported.

7) If you want to regenerate the APT, select Track Actions\Erase Performance Track and the track reverts to the exact status of the track prior to the conversion making it a Performance Track.

8) An APT is a UserTrack. As such, it reacts to Key Signature Changes and tempo changes without altering the Audio content. so, when you come across that; "OMG... I love the riff the guitar does right there..." audio on a track, convert the track to an APT and if you change the key signature and tempo, the APT with the audio riff changes key and tempo too.

9) A frozen RealTrack is not a UserTrack and a frozen RealTrack will not transpose so if you change key, you have to lose your frozen track and regenerate it.

10) It's very easy to make an APT into a normal UserTrack so the APT will react the same as a UserTrack to play over any chord progression, in any key and at any tempo just like a BIAB RealTrack.

11) When you close a BIAB song that contains one or more APT's, BIAB automatically creates BIAB proprietary bt1 files in the save folder.

12) "I can simply import that audio track back into my song if I want." You don't have to import the audio file back into your song if you Save it as a Performance Track. It stays there and an exact copy is saved and named in a folder if you need to access and use the audio file.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 08/25/20 02:18 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
Also, when I drag Master into the WAV quadrant I get one WAV file for each track. But I do NOT get a single file containing all tracks which is what I would think you want to import back into the song. However if I do an export as WAV then I get a single file and if I name it the same as my song it automatically appears in the audio track.

That's due to your current DAW Quadrant settings. You can change the settings by Right Clicking on the DAW Quadrant Box and selecting Options for DAW Plugin.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
2) Saving a Track to an APT is approximately 2.5 times faster than exporting the same track as a WAV.

3) Saving a Track to an APT automatically freezes the track. You have to manually freeze a track you exported if you want to use the original track material without it regenerating.

4) Saving a Track to an APT color codes the track so it's obvious at a glance you've converted the Track to an APT.

5) Saving a Track to an APT renames the track so it's obvious at a glance you've converted the Track to an APT...

But are we sure this is true for Mac users?

The only way I was able to create an APT at all was using your method where I first generated a WAV, and copied it elsewhere on my hard drive and then imported it back into BIAB as an APT. That's not faster... that is several steps beyond just creating a WAV.

I'll take another look at it, but since the Mac version has nothing in the PDF or in the GUI guide about this, I really wonder if you are describing a feature that Mac users don't actually have fully implimented. I would like to try this and see exactly what happens if I create several APTs and get a grasp on the benefits you are suggesting.

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, MacPro (Mid-2010) OSX 10.12.6
DAW: Digital Performer 8

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Charlie, so if I understand you correctly, you are using one of the existing tracks, in your example the Bass track, to store the APT that is a mix of all tracks (including Bass, right?

So, what happens to the Bass track while an APT is superimposed on top of it?

How do I solo just the Bass track?

Since the Bass track is frozen automatically, how do I regenerate the Bass track if I want to without erasing the APT?

How do I change the Bass track to a new RealTrack without erasing the APT?

Say I open an old project file where I have used your method, how do I even know what the Bass track is without erasing the APT?

The APT certainly seems interesting but so far it looks extremely counter-intuitive to hide an existing track and superimpose one over it. Seems like APTs should just be created in new tracks and not on top of existing ones.

And I cannot see this being faster as it requires many steps that a simple export does not.

But, the whole concept is interesting to me. Could I convert every track to be an APT of that track? And once I do that could I change key and retain the exact same riffs but in a different key? If so this is very interesting but still seems like a bit of a mess as the underlying tracks would still be frozen in the old key with the APTs changed to the new key.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
JJJ, stay focused smile

Remember this idea (third post down):
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=594448

You did not like that idea...

Essentially, what I believe will happen (IF!) "freeze part of a real track" arrives, it would probably be a "placement" of these frozen sections in timeline... Meaning, most likely they would act as a separate mixer TRACKS with "before" and "after" muted and the rest frozen. At least it seems the most logical thing to me.

I believe idea of opening the mixer to more channels is far more flexible and will give options and control far greater than just freezing sections. However, with limited time for music for many, I can understand why someone would just want to "freeze" the section and forget about it. Perhaps a button on the mixer:"Keep It Simple" would do the trick? By having that checked, it could create those duplicate tracks for you, assign mute at bars and freezing that section - Automation! Keeping duplicate Mixer tracks hidden, so you would see only your "normal" mixer, and sections as "frozen", but folks who want take advantage of more mixer tracks will be able to expand these tracks and do whatever they wish.

To me, both items (more mixer tracks and section freeze (bar by bar regen)) are very similar in nature...which is still more mixer tracks smile

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
I'm not against adding tracks to the mixer but doing so does NOT remove or reduce the need for a solid bar-by-bar freeze feature.

I can already do lots of tracks for comping if I want to. I can just create my song, save it and then fill all tracks with my solo instrument and get a quick set of 7 tracks for comping.

But being able to freeze one or more bars would allow me to stay longer inside BIAB. And I get that bars don't always line up so that is no problem...if I don't like the result I just hit regen again.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
With just being able to generate any selected bars of a frozen track, would this do the job rather than having some method that keeps track of up to 255 bars of each track and with the extra tracks added to the mixer (and the F5 Bar Settings dialog).

Like if you had a Freeze option in the F5 drop down so you could set an instrument/s at bar 5 to Freeze and bar 8 it's set to Back to Normal ?
Would this be too much to keep track of or would it be ok ?

EDIT: or maybe both of the above

Sorry this is spread over so many threads I lose track crazy

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB-F5-Freeze.png (25.01 KB, 89 downloads)
Last edited by Pipeline; 08/25/20 06:15 PM.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
With just being able to generate any selected bars of a frozen track, would this do the job rather than having some method that keeps track of up to 255 bars of each track and with the extra tracks added to the mixer (and the F5 Bar Settings dialog).

Like if you had a Freeze option in the F5 drop down so you could set an instrument/s at bar 5 to Freeze and bar 8 it's set to Back to Normal ?
Would this be too much to keep track of or would it be ok ?

EDIT: or maybe both of the above

Both methods would work.

When I really think about it, I am probably more often going to want to regenerate sections of a track that I am not crazy about more often than wanting to preserve a few bars that are perfect. Either method of working (or both) would be great.

The way I would envision it is being able to activate an individual track (or several tracks or ALL tracks) on the mixer, and then selecting bars on the chord chart (just like selecting text with a cursor) to designate which bars will remain frozen. You could change it again at any time in the future to unfreeze certain bars or add to the frozen sections as you get more parts you like in further regenerations.

And as long as the normal FREEZE buttons are activated (as we have them in BIAB right now) the track will not be regenerated at all no matter what the individual bar settings. You would have to arm the track to regenerated for it to regenerate, and then I suppose the new individual bar freeze system would be activated to protect the bars that you have designated to preserve.

Maybe that "protection" is just to preserve the bars you wanted to freeze as an overlay which you could turn on or off on top of a newly regenerated version of the full track (thereby sort of building a new COMP track piece by piece from sections of the track where the only parts that you can hear are the ones that are not yet overridden by the presence of audio on the COMP track.)

Then again, that method would not give BIAB the opportunity to analyze what has been preserved and to more effectively fill in the gaps... but maybe that is too complicated anyway and BIAB will naturally fill in the gaps with a musical sensibility that doesn't require analyzing what has already been preserved.

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, MacPro (Mid-2010) OSX 10.12.6
DAW: Digital Performer 8

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
<< Charlie, so if I understand you correctly, you are using one of the existing tracks, in your example the Bass track, to store the APT that is a mix of all tracks (including Bass, right?>>

Yes, I'm using the Bass Track to place an APT that's a mix of several tracks in my example but that APT can be placed on any channel. I normally avoid the Drums track because sometimes there's prep work to do to have it function correctly for instruments other than drums. Note the APT includes the original content material from that Bass Channel in the APT so the Bass instrument nor the original version is not lost.

<< So, what happens to the Bass track while an APT is superimposed on top of it?>> It's disabled but still there. If the APT is erased, the track returns to its normal state and so does the instrument on that track whether it's midi, supermidi, loop, or RealTrack. The instrument will also be the same version you heard playing prior to converting the Track to an APT.

<< How do I solo just the Bass track?>> If you just convert the Bass track to an APT, Mute and Solo continue to work normally. Whatever the media content contained on the APT when you converted plays normally. An APT can be any track in any media BIAB recognizes or any combination of any media types. So if you've made an APT as a mix of several tracks of different instruments, you can't solo individual instruments in that mix. That's the same in a DAW. You will hear the Bass or any other individual instrument as part of the mix you created.

<< Since the Bass track is frozen automatically, how do I regenerate the Bass track if I want to without erasing the APT?>> You have to erase the APT to regenerate. BIAB sees an APT as a final action to a track interpreting it the same as if you normally freeze a track - It interprets a freeze to mean you don't want to generate. It interprets an APT the same.

<< How do I change the Bass track to a new RealTrack without erasing the APT?>> Move the APT to another track. In many songs and styles, there are vacant tracks. However, even in a project where all of the BIAB Mixer Channels are used, it's still possible to create an APT and I can provide instructions how to do that if you have that situation come up. For now, just know that's possible to do.

<< Say I open an old project file where I have used your method, how do I even know what the Bass track is without erasing the APT?>>
First, APT's are a BIAB feature. This is not a work around or method I developed. I've studied Style demos, read the manual and forum comments about UserTracks to learn what I know. I don't clearly understand what your need to know what the Bass Track is without erasing the APT. If you've created and saved an APT and placed it on any BIAB Mixer Channel and close the file, that APT is saved with the file the same as if it were a RealTrack, Midi patch, SuperMidi Patch, loop or live recorded audio. If for some reason you want to return that track back to a Bass track, either move the APT to another BIAB Mixer Channel or erase it. Either method will return the Bass Track back to it's original format and media type. If you want to know what the actual Bass RealTrack, Bass midi patch, Bass Loop or Bass SuperMidi patch is, you should know what it is because you select and create the instruments of an APT.

<< The APT certainly seems interesting but so far it looks extremely counter-intuitive to hide an existing track and superimpose one over it. Seems like APTs should just be created in new tracks and not on top of existing ones.>>
You can place an APT on any track and it makes sense to use a vacant track if the BIAB Mixer has one or more available. However, it won't make sense in most cases to have two bass tracks.

Creating an APT effectively creates more tracks for more instruments and overcomes the 8 track barrier the BIAB Mixer appears to have. BIAB is capable of having dozens of tracks with dozens of instruments produced from a first generation and pristine analog file because until a project is rendered to audio, no audio of that project physically exists. The tracks, chords, instruments and patches are all virtual. No audio in the BIAB folders containing the RealTrack audio files are configured in the chord progression, tempo, key signature, feel and time signature of your specific song. Those folders only contain the audio that will be filtered and used to the specifications you supply by programming the Main Page of the BIAB program.

If you load _FLYAWAY.STY into a BIAB project, the RealTrack 1434 Bass, Electric, JazzFunkPoppy EV 16 110 is not audio.... It's computer data instructions. MIDI, SuperMidi, Loops and RealTracks can reside on the seven legacy tracks, Audio can't unless that track is converted to an APT. APT is the bridge that allows audio to reside on a BIAB Mixer legacy track. An APT can convert any sound media BIAB recognizes into audio that can reside on any track. An APT can be a mixture of any single sound media type or a combination of some or all of these sound media types and be either a mono or stereo track. An APT is a UserTrack and as a UserTrack if you change the key signature and/or the tempo and regenerate the song, the APT transposes as do all the tracks however, the underlying recorded audio does not regenerate, the audio is frozen so if you change any chords on the Chord Chart, the APT does not recognize the chord changes. The APT is designed to be the last step in your arrangement. In other words, create your song, enter the chords, key, tempo and style, mix to your satisfaction and when the song is ready to be rendered, convert to the APT. But if late changes do become necessary, simply erase the current APT, make changes and convert the new mix to an APT. It's all done with a single click of the mouse to either save or erase an APT.

<< And I cannot see this being faster as it requires many steps that a simple export does not.>>
This is true. However, with your method, simply exporting the WAV file is only the first step of your process. That WAV is not the finished product of your project. It will be imported into a DAW, edited, have effects and dynamics applied, possibly bussed into a mix of other WAV files creating a sub mix that's then mixed with even more tracks and busses before that WAV is rendered into a final mix. An APT has the capability to do many of those same tasks before the track is ever exported from BIAB.

<< But, the whole concept is interesting to me. Could I convert every track to be an APT of that track?>>
Yes
<< And once I do that could I change key and retain the exact same riffs but in a different key?>>
Yes, the underlying audio is not overwritten because it is a now physical audio recording and no longer a virtual data set of instructions.

<< If so this is very interesting but still seems like a bit of a mess as the underlying tracks would still be frozen in the old key with the APTs changed to the new key.>>
Once a track is converted to an APT, any underlying RealTrack, Loop or Midi patch is disabled. That's exactly the same as it is now if you open a midi style and replace each track with a midi patch with a RealTrack. Erase the RealTrack and the track reverts back to whatever midi patch was originally assigned to that track.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 08/26/20 01:30 AM.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
JJJ, stay focused smile

Remember this idea (third post down):
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=594448

You did not like that idea...

Essentially, what I believe will happen (IF!) "freeze part of a real track" arrives, it would probably be a "placement" of these frozen sections in timeline... Meaning, most likely they would act as a separate mixer TRACKS with "before" and "after" muted and the rest frozen. At least it seems the most logical thing to me.

I believe idea of opening the mixer to more channels is far more flexible and will give options and control far greater than just freezing sections. However, with limited time for music for many, I can understand why someone would just want to "freeze" the section and forget about it. Perhaps a button on the mixer:"Keep It Simple" would do the trick? By having that checked, it could create those duplicate tracks for you, assign mute at bars and freezing that section - Automation! Keeping duplicate Mixer tracks hidden, so you would see only your "normal" mixer, and sections as "frozen", but folks who want take advantage of more mixer tracks will be able to expand these tracks and do whatever they wish.

To me, both items (more mixer tracks and section freeze (bar by bar regen)) are very similar in nature...which is still more mixer tracks smile

Quote by VideoTrack from the link in the post above:

"IMHO, you shouldn't need to go to an external DAW to get a Band 'IN A BOX' song to sound the way you want, and you shouldn't need to go to a DAW or have to bounce tracks to get Multi-Riff to work.
These features should all be part of the program, not requiring externalization."

VideoTrack explains it better than I've ever been able to. His explanation is exactly what the APT feature provides and has potentially been available to users for the last six years. The end result is you can have more complex and better track arrangements as audio files for use in your DAW or choose to complete your project with no need for any external DAW program.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Yes I agree with what VideoTrack said, so if they add those much requested extra tracks also then they can be used for the MultiRiffs function as well as any extra tracks just the in the BiabVST.
I think Peter said the extra tracks were possible also.
All done in Biab ! I really hope they will be the two main features added.
It's a shame they can't be just added any time without things having to be an upgrade selling point and having to wait for the xmas stocking.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
It's a shame they can't be just added any time without things having to be an upgrade selling point and having to wait for the xmas stocking.
I would upgrade just for this.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: zedd
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

5) Saving a Track to an APT renames the track so it's obvious at a glance you've converted the Track to an APT...

But are we sure this is true for Mac users?

The only way I was able to create an APT at all was using your method where I first generated a WAV, and copied it elsewhere on my hard drive and then imported it back into BIAB as an APT. That's not faster... that is several steps beyond just creating a WAV.

I'll take another look at it, but since the Mac version has nothing in the PDF or in the GUI guide about this, I really wonder if you are describing a feature that Mac users don't actually have fully implemented. I would like to try this and see exactly what happens if I create several APTs and get a grasp on the benefits you are suggesting.

Yes. This is true for Mac since 2015. Watch the first 20 seconds of this PG Music video to see it.

Band-in-a-Box for Mac: Recording Audio

EDIT: This is an excellent video for Windows or Mac Users and clearly explains what the Artist Performance Track is, how to access it and how to move audio from the Audio Channel to another BIAB Mixer Channel. In the video, the demonstration uses live recording, I use this process to using RealTracks, Midi, Supermidi and loops as well as live audio. An APT is an excellent way to create a custom track using an instrument I can't play, or even an instrument I can play but a BIAB instrument can perform it better than I can.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 08/26/20 07:25 AM.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
P
Veteran
Veteran
P

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BBMac-Save-As-Performance.png (118.19 KB, 45 downloads)
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Here are Andrew's original comments describing user Artist Performance Files.

Andrew - PG Music

Welcome to the UserTracks forum! [UserTracks (and other add-ons)] 225512 - 12/04/13 03:59 AM

There are a number of add-ons that people can make for Band-in-a-Box. This forum is for discussions about them. If you’ve made some, and want to give them away (or sell them), tell the world about them here! Or ask questions if you’re wondering how to make them.

-----
7. Artist Performance Files.

These are audio files, that you put on a track, that can also have the MIDI transcription of it. People hear the audio, and see the MIDI in notation/guitar tab etc. For example, if you are a great bluegrass fiddle player, you could put your songs in this format. People can listen to your real playing, see the notes on screen, slow them down etc. - all inside Band-in-a-Box where they can do other things like solo/mute other tracks, mix them etc.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,469
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195