Quote:

Dan, your post made me smile as I thought back to the day when one of my guitar snob friends was going on and on about those "preference" items you mentioned. He was at my house one day and we got into the debate and I set him up with a blindfold test. He SWORE he could tell DiMarzio pickups just by sound. I blindfolded him, handed him my Les Paul with stock pickups and had him play 32 bars. Then I told him "Okay, now play the other one." And I took the strap off that Les Paul, put it right back on the same Les Paul, and handed it to him. And he went on and on about how THESE pickups had "more bite" than the first guitar.

Your post made me smile. Awhile ago we had two singers. One insisted that analog reverb was the only way to go while the other said digital was the only way to go. Each had brought their reverb units with them. So I did the same thing as you. I did a blind test but kept the analog unit plugged in. Both singers sang then they left the room so I could theologically change reverb units. Both said they could hear the difference between the two takes even though the analog unit was plugged in during both tests. Don’t you just love it!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware