Quote:

Dan,
What I'm doing is getting a midi guitar or piano part on the melody track that will send chords to the VLT in lieu of the "output chords" feature that doesn't work when you have a RT on the Soloist track..

But what will happen to the song melody, which is on the melody track? Wait, I already was not using that midi melody since I had to disable Dx\Vst. So after I render the midi melody to wav I have no need for that content. So I am trying to understand how we can have multiple channels (chords and melody) on one track?? I assume the two have been merged and now chords and melody will go silently to the VLT - is that right?

Otherwise,

Looks like the outputchords feature can work - but since it needs the Soloist track i have to remove all RT's from the soloist track. As long as nothing is on the Soloist track and it is unmuted, and all other tracks are RTs (no DXi)- then things appear to be working. This may be doable for me, I don't sing every song and not every song has a RT on the soloist track and I can render melodies if I want to hear them.

I think the answer is here somewhere John, my new understandings will help me work it out yet.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper