Another short ditty that we wrote and named after the geographic area where we live -- The Fall Line.

- All tracks are BIAB Bluegrass Realtracks with the exception of the one vocal track.

- The vocal track (my wife) was recorded with a USB Blue Mic.

- The realtracks were saved as individual mono files and moved to Gargeband.

- All mixing and effects were done within Garageband and the final product was an AIFF file (MP3 posted here).

We have created a lot of country rock oriented tracks with BIAB and I find that genre easier to work with than bluegrass. It may be because of having played BG for years we are overly critical of our endeavors. Dunno about the rest of you but I have to often generate a 6-8 tracks and use segments of each one to get just the rhythm guitar or bass track that I want. Often the perfect "G run" is all that is useful on a complete BIAB track and I have to paste it repeatedly over another track and on and on. Not whining...it's actually fun -- well before it gets tedious. And then the solos....it's a real challenge to piece them together to where if they don't actually hint of the melody -- at least they don't distract from it. Pardon the ramble!

The Fall Line Blues

Last edited by Mootsman; 07/19/12 01:50 PM.