This is a work in progress. It was originally a country song but recently I was trying out RT styles and liked the sound of _SOUL60S with tambourine (even 8 feel) which is more or less straight Motown. Then Roger (my producer/guitarist) came over and replaced the drums (in Sonar X1 with EZ Drummer) with a more rock feel, and also played new bass and guitar parts. Now it's more of a blues-rock thing, and we were discussing horns. I also tried a new vocal, more rock feeling.

Then today I heard some amazing sax on some tracks posted here and decided to see what I have for RT sax parts in BIAB. Not too many, but one of them, 416: Sax, tenor, HipHop, Rock Sw 100 (Bluesy) works pretty well. I still need to copy/paste some better sax riff fills from the various parts in the track (most of it is muted but a lot of good parts are in there since the same chords repeat a lot), and it needs work on the drums, guitar, BG vox, etc. But I'm liking how it's going. Aside from the added sax, the only RT part left in is 1578 Piano. Comments and suggestions welcome!

http://soundcloud.com/flyingsinger/why-doesnt-somebody-stop-me-in

Can anyone suggest any other RT sets that contain sax parts that could work with rock/blues songs?

Thanks,
Bruce

SoundCloud
Blog: Music of the Spheres
Tools: BIAB 2015, Sonar X3, various iPhone/iPad apps