Just a OT comment I'm going to throw in here. I can't help having the feeling that all these ideas are merely rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Most of us here are over 50 and a lot are over 60. I will occasionally spend a Saturday surfing youtube and watching demos of other software. Absolutely NONE of those demos involve anything that any of us here would call real music. The stuff I hear has no traditional structure to it, no verse, bridge, solo section, tag ending, etc. It's all dubstep, techno, hiphop and beats, loops, beats, loops and more beats and loops. It's all done by twenty somethings. A lot of it is very creative and I would even call some of it "good" but I can't relate to it at all and neither can any of us here I suspect. Example, I must have watched parts of 50 demo's for Ableton Live. Amazing software especially when used with the Akai controller that costs $600. Not one of those involved a real song we're used to and it's not even close. What these kids can do is really impressive but again with all my musical experience if someone gave me that setup and asked me to create something I would have no clue where to begin. My musical taste and experience won't tell me if what I did is hip to the young crowd or not. I strongly suspect they would say go back to your jazz grandpa. Exactly what we said or thought when our parents would talk about how the big bands are the real deal and this new stuff is crap.

10-15 years from now none or few of us are going to be doing this any more and what's the future of PG Music then? For Biab to have any relevance to the kinds of stuff these twenty somethings are doing now would require such a radical change of direction we would not recognize it and certainly are not qualified to even comment on it much less offer suggestions.

What we're talking about now is fine for the next year or so but what about later? I sincerely hope Peter has brought in a few young folks who know this stuff and they're already running some experiments with it.

You want to talk about having several versions of Biab? This would be exactly it. One setup for us old farts and a completely different one for young people if that's even possible without infringing on other software.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.