For a songwriter without a band, the combination of Band-in-a-Box and Power Tracks has enabled me to create versions of dozens of original songs, which otherwise would not have seen the light of day. I do use other software in combination with them, but only insofar as mastering a song or final mix.

I usually start off a song by scouring varying styles in BB for the drum and bass tracks which I will use for the rhythm section. Often, I will render several drum or bass tracks I think might work well from BB into wav files and then import them into Power Tracks (I've nothing against 'Real Band', just prefer PT) If I am unhappy with a given one as is, I will edit the bass or drums by copying and pasting various bits together from the several different real tracks I have chosen. Next, it's time for me to record myself playing the guitar tracks of my song. Once that is done, I go back to BB and repeat the aforementioned process with respect to piano or organ or whatever else may be desired. I use only 'real tracks', despite I have been using these PG programs even before they existed, because they sound better, obviously.

Anyway, I think it pretty amazing that I can present my music to listeners as as tightly knit as I do with full musical accompaniment. Now if only computers could sing, as well

Here is a link to an original song of mine, if there is more than one song showing, I can't help that, it's just the way a ReverbNation link works in this forum. (In any event, all of my current releases, have been produced via BB & PT). But since, I am really not a bad guy, because I would like to get my songs heard any possible way I can get them out. Let's just leave it at that. Thanks for listening to 'No Bad Guy' and kudos to PG Music.

Feedback, good bad indifferent - highly appreciated.

Pariahdise - No Bad Guy

R.F. Goggin (Pariahdise)