Quote:

Nice tune, Danny. Made me want to dance (I know, it made others want to eat. I confess, that too.)

I am reminded that when I posted a similar tune a couple of years ago ("Laissez les Bon Temps Boogie") in celebration of the Saints' 2010 Superbowl victory, you gave me a mild criticism, saying, in effect, that there was too much french in the tune, and "not everybody in N.O. speaks French". I had stuff like "Jolie Blonde," and "je t'aim."

I don't live there, and I'm not French either (well, maybe 1/8th) but is it fair to criticize you back?

1st af all thanks for the listen and the feedback. With this said, absolutely it is fair to criticize me back . . . or front.

When I commented on your song what I meant, and I am trying to remember the context of both the tune and my response, was that sometimes some people who do not have strong enough New Orleans connection assume that the city and area are 100% French. And while there is a very strong French presence in Southwest Louisiana that is not particularly true of the New Olreans city limits.

Regarding On The bayou and the Cajun references they are all based on the lifestyle of Cajuns in Acadiana "not" New Orleans, almost like two different worlds. But go ahead and let me have it, I am a big boy.

Take Care,