Been a while since I posted any new work. I was/am learning songs for a tribute band and have had very little time to work on my own stuff. Hope you enjoy it. It is long, as all my songs are, but I write to tell my stories and not to fit some corporate songwriter's handbook. Pink Floyd did okay with long songs.....

This is one about wanting someone from afar and fully understanding that it's likely a waste of time. Rog has it and his group of outstanding singers will be replacing the vocoder BGV with what I expect to be a HUGE chorale kind of sound, but they can't just drop their lives to come running and do it.

Wasting My Time

Song File Name: Wasting My Time
Tempo: 68
Key: C
Time Sig: 4/4
drum fill - this was just a tap on the drum machine
RealDrums-NashvilleEven8^1-SideStick,Ride
RealBass 1592 Bass, Electric, Pop16ths Ev 065
RT1410 Piano, SynthLayer, Rhythm Soul70sA-B Ev16 100
RT841 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopBalladSlowGritty Ev 065
RT876 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm NorthernRockFuzzyQuarters Sw1
RT665 Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm SouthernRock Ev 085 (B Strum)
Vocals - obviously live
BGV - from my trusty vocoder - I just LOVE that thing!!
Sax intro - Eric Marienthal
sax solo - Eric Marienthal
sax outro - Eric Marienthal
guitar sweeten - just some extra gritty guitar I played in live
cello - from my trusty ESQ-1

On the sax parts, I cut and pasted and chopped so much to make something I liked that I have no idea which RT it was. I think 1442 rings a bell. (Get it? A sax has a bell...) This is like 5 different sax tracks generated and I cut and pasted for about 2 hours making the pieces fit.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."