Hi Everyone,

I've been watching this forum for several months now with great interest. I'm finally working up the courage to post some of my own work on here...

This first song is actually quite old. I wrote it waaaaaay back when I was in my late teens and full of all kinds of teenagery angst. :-)

About 10 years ago (!) I discovered Band in a Box for the first time, and tried it out by doing this remake of the song.

I don't remember the settings I used and the files are long gone, as that was a few computers ago. I do know that it's all BIAB running on a Motorola Starmax Mac clone, Roland VSC sounds. Except the vocals and trumpet. Those are me. And I apparently really liked playing with the digital delay. :-) I think I rendered everything to .aiff files and did the mixing and live tracks in Micrologic.

If I still had the files, I'd try to improve the mix for sure, and maybe see what the newest BIAB could do with it, but at this point it is what it is. I'd rather work on new stuff!

I'm not sure what I'm looking for in terms of criticism, since this is such an old track. That said, I'm always looking to learn something and I have a lot of respect for what I've read and listened to on this board. I guess I'm mostly putting it out here as an introduction to me, though. And because I still like the tune, flaws and all. Hope you like it too... :-)

https://soundcloud.com/blorg123/get-out

Get Out

Guess you figured saying is beleiving
But I'm telling you that that ain't true
You say you need your freedom
But you trap yourself in your lies

You say you want what's best for me
Then you turn around and stab me in the back
Well I ask you, girl
Is this right?
Is this the way you want things to be?

You can not give me an answer
So I draw my own conclusions
And I'm gonna tell you something
That I never told noone before

I want you out of my life
Don't you show your face again
Stay away

Last edited by Blorg; 07/09/13 06:06 AM.