I'm listening to the track...

I have used auto detect chords a few times. Some times it nailed the chords exactly and other times it was so far off it wasn't even funny.

I can see why BB had a hard time with the auto-detect-chords. It changes key several times. Auto detect is trying to establish the key of the song and the tempo so it can render the proper chords in the right place. The chords in this piece are not basic root chords so that gives it a higher level of difficulty when trying to figure out the chords.

I had someone send me a song that they asked me if I could create a fiddle part for. I tried auto detect but it failed due to some issues in the song..... my solution to the problem was to take the time to write out the chords after determining what they were on my guitar. I imported the audio to BB and lined it up properly (not a small job) and then manually wrote in the chords.

Once I had BB properly programmed and synced, I transferred it to Real Band and rendered the fiddle tracks.

I would suggest you follow a similar path. Get the tempo correct, sync the wave to BB and manually enter the chords. Now, you are in a position to change the style and play around. You can also move it at this point to Real Band and use RB to add sampled string and other instruments to fill out the song a bit.

Melodist and Soloist are not useful for this purpose. Speaking about Melodist since that one I do use from time to time...... it will create a song..(for better or for worse) using a style that you have chosen in the pop up box. It will create the chords, and you can play it back immediately. but it will NOT follow anything you may have in a wave file. It does it's own thing. Normally, I use this to create a song when I am wanting to experiment. Most of the time I have to let it do it's thing multiple times before it gives me something that catches my fancy. And then, I have to edit it. Change chords, add chords, move parts, etc, to come up with something useful. It's rare for me to click on Melodist and have it hit the bulls-eye first time out.

Much of the jazz and instrumental music on my web site were created in this manner.

I hope this clears up some confusion for you and points you in a direction where you can use BB/RB to accomplish what you want to do.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.