Noel,

Always enjoy your assessment of a song!

>>> the ABCABC quick succession of rhymes

I thought you would like (and mention) that. One of those spots that looks fairly simple once it's in place, but can take a bit of thought to get there in the first place. The trick is to "make it look easy". It should never stand out as "oh..he worked on that one!"..

>>> While I'm not a fan of fade-out endings..

That has been said by others. I happen to really LIKE fade out endings. For a couple of different reasons. Many of the endings that I hear here are so "standard" as to be uninteresting - they don't reflect what has gone before (meaning the song) - they are just a standard "wrap up of this final chord". They don't have the flavor that one would actually find studio musicians doing to complete a particular song. That is in no way a "knock" on BIAB. It does all that it can possibly do given the situation. And... second, the RT soloists can do some really cool stuff if you give them time. I'm not fan of long solos in the middle of a song. At the end, the listener can choose to "go with it or not". I enjoy that final ride...

In this case, the main lead instrument had been the electric, so I let him start to take it out. But this is a "working man's song" so the mandolin seemed like the guy to "have the last word".

Thanks for you kind words. Greatly appreciated. floyd