"Yellow Flower" most definitely has a 60's sound to it. There was so much musical "cross-pollination" going on at that time!

The flute and the acccordion accompaniments make the song sound charming, "innocent", and sweet, even as the chord changes add a certain rueful feel -- maybe even a sense of loss -- to the whole thing.

The arrangement sounds like something Jimmy Webb, or George Tipton (the arranger for Jose Feliciano's debut album, “¡Feliciano!” on RCA) would have done, only Mr. Tipton would have added a bed of lush strings, too.

A word on the lyrics -- they're gorgeous! "Yellow flower, I lost you to time"..."Sweet smell on my mind"..."Painted sky and rainbow forest”...very -- and very properly! -- "trippy", and also reminiscent of the budding earth consciousness of the era, with Ms. Janice’s “la-la-lahs” adding that blissful, wistful, care-free sound that made the 60’s seem like such a hopeful time.

“Yellow Flower” is very nostalgic. Thanks for the trip on your musical time machine, folks! Excuse me while I dig up my banadana, my tied-dyed jeans, and my sandals, now...

bluage

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".