Originally Posted By: floyd jane
..... And what ever happened to Jim Stafford? We don't really have one of those "comedy/parody guys" anymore... Weird Al maybe...

Jim Stafford is alive and well in Branson. (weird Al too) My wife and I went this past summer for a few days. Road trip from NC through TN into MO and back.

Jim has his own theater there and we decided to get tickets to see his show. The theater was about 1/10th full.... way too many empty seats especially considering it was mid summer tourist season. However the other shows and theaters were also nearly empty. We needed to switch plans and move one show's reserved tix to a sooner night, and were amazed to get 2nd row center tix..... until we got there and saw the empty theater.

Anyway, back to Jim.... he did all his hit songs of yester-year and added comedy and one liners into it. Had his kids on stage and he was quite the guitar player..... I don't often think of the guy who sang "Cow Patty" as being an accomplished guitar picker but he is. Cow Patty was a 15 minute song/comedy routine..... very entertaining. It was the best show we saw while there. I still have the videos in my phone and look at them every now and then.

I think one reason the theaters were all so empty was that there are theaters on every corner and half a dozen in between.... they are everywhere. Several were shut down with "for sale" signs on them. Beside the theaters, we didn't really see much to do for adults in that town. Traffic is unbelievably horrendous. I quickly learned what roads to avoid and shortcuts or log cuts to get around the congestion. It reminded me of Orlando or Myrtle Beach with out the ocean. At least in MB you could go and soak up the sun and sand.....

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.