Mike...

This is the first time we've listened to you. We've been here for about three weeks and still getting around to hearing folks. We do a lot of R&B and Lounge Jazz. As he always does, Floyd keyed in n the biggest "issue" (there aren't many!). As we were listening, Di commented, "What a great singer and that song is simply gorgeous. But, I'm hearing the drum more than anything else, don't you think so?"

I tend to agree. Using the BIAB settings, I would set the reverb on the drums somewhere between 55 and 60. If you typically don't put much reverb on the drums, that might sound like a lot. But it really isn't. It softens them and they fill more room (spread across the audio horizon, if you will) and fall back in the mix without losing their impact and crsipness. This is particularly true if you have a lot of rim shots, which you do.

Floyd suggested dropping the reverb on her voice a bit. I rarely disagree with him, but in this case I'd try what he suggested and then evaluate the effect. I love the warm and lift the reverb gives her voice. Floyd is so danged smart about mixing and mastering, I get nervous if I see things a little differently than he does. Then again, it just might be the difference in our ears. His are good and mine used to be good!

Regardless, this is one heck of a song! We've listened twice and will probably do so a few more times. We loved this track...one of our faves so far. And your girl can sing!!!!!!

Good luck with this...it deserves a big audience. Best to you...

Al & Di

PS: I lived in Germany 12 years (Einsiedlerhof, Pirmasens and Wurzburg).

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops