Hi Alyn,

I hear what you're saying. When read back over what I wrote in the initial post, it does sound a little clinical. That gives the wrong impression, though, because the process was highly creative - especially the short story that began the journey of the lyrics.

The reason I put that information into my post was because I thought that some people might like an insight into how I came up with the song's words. There are some outstanding musicians on here who don't know how to write lyrics and who are even intimidated by the thought of trying. I wanted to give them a little bit of hope and to say "it's not hard as you might think once you have a couple of basic tools in your tool-belt" smile

For me, creating a first draft of a lyric is more creative than clinical. When it comes to polishing up the lyric, though, and rewriting it to make it as strong as possible, that's definitely more clinical than creative smile

Thanks for listening and for the positive feedback. It's always good to see you.

All the best,
Noel

P.S. Every time I look at your new avatar I think "such an impressive looking guitar!"

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024