Hi Ian...

I've been to England twice, both place both times. I was in Burtonwood, a small village not far from Warrington. Loved it there!

I'm playing an Ibanez ARZ 400 through a Peavey Nashville 112 amp. The overdrive is through a cheap, locally bought pedal. I paid $34.00US for..very, very cheap. It's a FAB Danelctro...no model number. but it gives me quite a bit of distortion and overdrive. It also gives me a lot of sustain.

The pickups on the Ibanez are very hot, so I have to be careful when I'm playing something soft and mellow. that's the only complaint I have with it. It's a bit heavy (sort of a Les Paul knock-off) but the action is very good. I set the action extremely low because of the Country chicken pickin' I do. I get no fret buzz. The fifth string (A) becomes slightly flat at the 11th fret. I really like the clean fingerboard...not cluttered with dots or other inlays. When I get rich, I'll buy me another Gibson ES 355!

I use Ernie Ball Slinky strings but make my own set as follows: .09 - .11 - .13 - .24 - .32 - .44
I love the amp...it's virtually indestructable. It's designed for pedal steel, so i don't have to worry about distortion on the low notes when i'm comping in jazz. Also, all the vocals we've posted here...are sung through that amp, rather than a mixing board. That spring reverb is just so warm and full.

There were three mistakes I kind of covered over. Glad they weren't too apparent!

I guess I've rambled on with much more than you asked for,,,sorry! Hope I adequately answered your question. And yes, I had to use every fret. I really don't like playing down there...no room to work. But, I couldn't get the sound I wanted otherwise. Also, in order to get those really high notes, I had to tune my guitar three frets higher:

G-D-Bb-F-C-G

I immediately retuned it down to its natural tuning in order to take the additional stress off the neck. Thanks again for your kind words! Wishing you a great Sunday. Di says Hi!

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops