Cold Reality

A few weeks ago I wrote a quick little ditty mainly for Janice to play around with some rock vocal chops. Her brother plays in a blues/rock band and she’s a fan of Johnny Winter’s Texas Blues style so she’s heard a lot of this style. The tune being a straight ahead 12 bar blues so she just “riff sang” this over one take. i.e., didn’t spend any time trying to create a specific melody. Often with her those first "sound check" takes are where she has the most fun.

Several days later I heard Tom’s (tommyad) Hurricane Blues and got to thinking about his fine blues playing…..so we contacted him and he graciously agreed to play on the tune.

We opted to each create our own mix and see how things evolved. The more we communicated the closer the mixes came….but ultimately we all three decided on Tom's mix as it was more gritty and seemed to better fit the harder edgy groove we were looking for. We’ve recorded a lot of blues tunes but they were more of the acoustic or softer electric feel with a more intimate vocal (as a friend said). However Janice wanted to rock out a bit (actually our first rock effort)….and I think she did!

Vocal: Janice via Rodes NT1/Blue Icicle USB
Lead Guitar: Check in with Tom!
RealTracks in song: 386:Bass, Electric, Blues Chuck Sw 102
RealTracks in song: 1591:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm TexasBluesRockShuffle Sw 130
RealTracks in song: 654:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBoogieShuffle Sw 140
RealTracks in song: 651:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBoogie Sw 140
RealDrums: RealDrums in Song: NashvilleShuffle^13-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Comments of any persuasion are welcomed! Thanks for listening. Rock on….

Cold Reality

Turn yourself  around and head in a new direction
Point yourself towards a brand new direction 
Find a place that's a little closer to redemption 

Sometimes all you need is to move on
Pick up the pieces and move on
Smell a proverbial rose, kick back in a new dawn

Quit all that worrying about tomorrow
Stop all your fretting over tomorrow
There's some things you'll just never know

Gotta stop 'em from messing up your dreams
nobody oughta mess round with your dreams
Set yourself free from their petty schemes

It seems your friends are letting you be
Yeah everybody’s decided to leave you be 
You don't need another dose of their cold reality 

Last edited by Janice & Bud; 02/01/14 05:17 PM.