Guenter,

I've listened at least a dozen times - thanks for having the download there - it is nice to be able to play it on the good speakers and using the headphones. You created a terrific soundscape for the vocal to nestle in to. The drums are excellent - the combination of the RealDrums is very effective - and fit with the vocal perfectly. The bass and e. piano support it and never get it the way.

The VERY start of the first note is a tad abrupt. I thought the sax intro should have been a little less busy - a few sustained notes in there (including the last one into the vocal - a fading note there would be nice). The sax leading into and accompanying the "Just one place" section has those kinds of held notes - it's really sweet. These are small things - not to detract from the beautiful arrangement.

The mix is spectacular. I found myself getting lost in the vocal. No longer even thinking of the instrumentation accompanying it. THAT is the mark of a good mix!!! I like the fact that it is not drenched in reverb. It has an immediate feel, an intimacy to it. Like you are one of the few who has discovered a "star" in a small club before the rest of the world finds out...

I probably left some things out.... Excellent work, Guenter.

floyd