Di and Alan...

There's a lot of cool stuff going on in this. I think the tempo is right where it should be. It's a very "today" feel. It might require adopting a little different style of singing than you're accustom to - more quick talking words instead of real singing - but, hey!, if the kids can do it - we can too!!!

I get what you're doing with the banjo (you gotta give Taylor credit for bringing it back to Country music). The intro doesn't work because of the weird sound (so find something else). But I think you can make it work elsewhere. Keep it just at a level so you sort of know it there, but you have to key on it to really hear it. And if it were me, I'd have it playing in the chorus and maybe not the verses - or bring it pretty low in the verses so the "effect" is not evident. It has the right feel...

Here is a suggestion to continue the "now sound/feel" that you've got going in this... Your song is titled "Dream About You"... the "if I go to sleep.." change up in the melody is REALLY cool - and then you hit your mark (Dream About You).... instead of having the additional line "But I don't want to" sung "full strength" by your singer (Di, of course) have background singers repeating "I don't want to. I don't want to. I don't want to. I don't want to...." fading into that cool solo....

Ideas... Like I said before... there's a lot of cool here...

floyd