Hello everyone. I just came in from a day long celebration which included the posting of this song. I sent a couple of verses and a chorus to Floyd as a rough draft of something that came very quickly to the surface. He is a great closer and polisher and he worked his magic on the lyrics rewriting and and creating a second chorus. He really structured the song and brought it together in a cohesive manner. I tend to fly off in different directions and he was able to salvage the main idea. Thanks to everyone for the comments on the guitar parts. Once again credit to floyd for the walk up doubling the lines in the chorus. It was an inspired idea. This eventually became the signature lick. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes, it has been a terrific day. I see a couple of new faces and want to encourage them to stick around. Regarding the maj7 note at the end. I had told floyd that I thought it was like the singer was saying oh well I tried. Regarding Herb's comments, please don't redact anything. We're big boys and personally I know you have a wealth of knowledge to share. On the compression issue I don't hear it yet, but I am still going over it. You are right about the sibilance issue and it may be a couple of things. I tried to de ess the vocal during mastering and that may have worked better during the mixing stage. There is a fine line between crispness and too much analog warmth and after de essing I tried to get back some high end. Anyway I appreciate your careful listening and your constructive comments. It helps us get better. Thanks to Janice and Bud for the vocal and the ears. Oh yeah, Happy Birthday floyd . I appreciate all the work that you put into this. Tom

Last edited by tommyad; 03/04/14 08:43 PM.