Warning!!
This song contains country
style yodeling. Some listeners
may find this disturbing.

Macon Bound

We found this tune at publicdomain4u.com entitled “Atlanta Bound” and it’s likely that the melody was borrowed from Jimmy Rodgers’ “In the Jailhouse Now.” We had been wanting to do a Rodgers’ song but they aren’t PD so this was a great chance to turn this PD song into something resembling his music. I rewrote almost every line and Janice changed the melody a good bit and this is what came out of the pot after we threw it all together with a Western Swing arrangement.

Vocal: Rodes NT1 interfaced with GB via BlueIcicle.
Mixing: Garageband with BIAB interface.
Mastering: Ozone 5
RT’s
Bass 754: I cut and diced the bass track to get some transitional runs at certain places and to play a simple line through the first yodel. I forget the RT number of the lead bass that I used with the rhythm.
Guitar 1098
Fiddle Rhythm 1544
Fiddle Lead 1871
Mandolin Rhythm 611
Mandolin Lead 1862
Dobro 1868
Piano 1865: Many generations were spliced together to try and come up with a track that was more rhythmic and worked with the vocal. The Western Swing RTs don’t include a rhythm piano so I had to do the best I could with the lead version.
Drums N’ville Swing 8ths

As always comments are welcomed and appreciated.

Hope the yodeling didn’t have you calling for a support group grin It’s a tradition rooted in early country music that Merle Haggard was probably the last to use on occasion.