Hi Herb – Thank you once again for your most thoughtful comments (and your association of me with Joan Baez is always much appreciated). Your anecdote about the voting in the US made me smile. I think it is still a novelty for many in South Africa. Plus people are starting to see the importance of voting. If you don’t vote, you can’t whine…not so?

Hi Guenter – Thank for your kind comments. I would love to be seen as something of a protest singer and am very proud to be likened to Joan Baez. Long before I even knew what “folk” music was I was inspired by her. I read her biography a while back. What a woman! I also found, amongst my pile of music, a songbook of hers with sheet music for about 150 traditional folk songs. Not sure where on earth it came from but it has definitely inspired me to take on a few of those tunes.

Hi Brallan – Loved your ditty on Jacob Zuma. Especially the shower bit. I am sure you have heard about a cartoonist called Shapiro who always depicts Zuma with a shower head hanging around. Also an honour to be likened to Judy Collins.

Hi Dani – Always such a pleasure to read your enthusiastic comments.

Tommy – Thanks for that. I was wondering what to do with this song and then woke up on election day and thought I must record it. Agree what you say about a man who beats his wife. All too prevalent in our society though

Hi RichMac – Thanks for you nice comments. I included the soundcloud link because I know some folk here prefer to listen to the songs without the distraction of the video…For Facebook the video always works better!

Hi Floyd, Janice and Bud – Praise from you guys, especially on vocals and on instrumentation is always so appreciated because I aspire to record and produce the type of music you guys do. I am starting to use that “double tracking” technique on the guitar parts. Also getting brave enough to record my own acoustic guitar which is always challenging.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Play-along with songs you know and love, download SGU files
https://playiit.com/