Dani....

That was certainly an interesting take on the blues. I'm not sure I'd place it into the category of the blues. At least not solidly. I heard certain aspects that were bluesy. Then there were other aspects to that song that I just don't know how I'd classify it.

I think of the blues as being mostly a 1,4,5 with the occasional 6m progression. And there are variations on that theme to be sure.... there are, for example, blues in minor keys as well as the traditional major 1,4,5.

Do you listen to the blues as defined by the blues players of the 50's and 60's.....? BB King, Robert Johnson, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Louis Armstrong, etc, or even the slightly more modern blues influenced masters such as Clapton, the Stones, SRV, Zepplin, even the Beatles? Listen to some of the early Led Zepplin stuff..... wow... some really interesting and cool blues coming out of that band back then.

When you call something blues, I'm expecting to hear the blues.

All in all, the song was pretty well done with the lyric & recording. Good job on that aspect. As far as being blues, I'm thinking it could have been a bit closer to the target than it was.

smile

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.