Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
OK, here's the snippet I promised to demo the use of a harmony pedal, volume pedal and slide guitar imitating the sound of a pedal steel guitar.

Its a quick & dirty one-take 2 minute demo, so don't expect a stellar production. wink

I purposefully did not use the volume pedal throughout the demo... that way you can identify spots where the use of it changes the sound, and you can get an idea of the range of sounds that are available using this technique.

CLICK HERE FOR DEMO VIDEO

That is, without a doubt, one of the best guitar versions of a steel I've seen. Of course there are always lap steels and we forget about them quite often because they are the less well known little brother to the pedal steel, and not quite a guitar. Although, folks who master them (listen to David Lindley playing one with Jackson Brown on the Running on Empty LP) are quite amazing.

I noticed a rod to raise the action.... absolutely necessary..... and did you use other than standard guitar tuning on this? kinda sounds like you did. If so, what was it?

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.