Why use ' SafeMode ' chords?

Please listen to my arrangement solution. I wrote a sax solo song with Band-in-a-Box 2014. Fifteen sax solo tracks were created with the best moments sliced & strung together. So my first question to myself was; "How do I add my piano progression to harmonize with the progression of this current song?"

The answer is to use SafeMode chords. SafeMode chords have a partial melody played with it. It's not a software, just a simple piano chord cheat sheet with melody notes associated to the chords. By choosing 2 SafeMode chords played like a see-saw through the whole song; it's a strange method. I created 15 pairs of Safemode chords on 15 separate tracks and eliminated viable competing substitute chords ... Note: to self must make a video explaining this!

The same way how I sliced & strung the sax solo together is the same way how I strung my harmonized piano progression. Which now can be embellished more easily.

Making a harmonized progression to go on top your current song progression is very difficult when writing music arrangements. I hope that the PG Music people might correspond with me in adding this SafeMode feature to BIAB.

"This new SafeMode method" is definitely worth exploring. Hope to hear from you!

Here is my first attempt below:

SoundCloud sax-solo-piano-played-strictly in SafeMode

Song without piano progression

SoundCloud jazz-track-no-piano-added-yet

Last edited by LPman; 06/07/14 06:49 AM.