What the heck.....even though floyd has already nailed it I'll throw out a few comments just relative to the mix.

FWIW I spent the better part of four decades playing bass fiddle and staring at 4 guys/gals in front of me in bluegrass bands -- so if nothing else I have opinions on BG mixing :-)

I shoot for the following:

- The lead vocal and bass are in the middle (bass is somewhat non-directional in a room so it should be mixed in the middle).

- The guitar is slightly left or right.

- The fiddle and mando can be spread more left and right while the banjo is closer to the center opposite the guitar and should, in general, drive the rhythm.

- The rhythm guitar should rest I n the mix so that the boom/chuckas lay over the bass/mandolin chops respectively. That's why it lies close to the center. It ties together all of the down/upbeats.

- The banjo just keeps pushing everything and needs to be heard.

- Fills are typically done by the instrument that is gonna take the next solo.

- In addition to the mix per se effects (particularly reverb and EQ) on the instruments and vocals are needed to help everything gel.

OK, I'm getting ahead of myself!

Great first BIAB effort and hope many more are to come!! You'll find this community to be a fun and supportive place to hang out.