The Blues Woman

Our BIAB journey over the last two years has taken us to musical places we never dreamed of visiting. Watching Janice transform from a hard core bluegrass singer to a soulful blues and country singer has been quite the experience. And one for which we are extremely grateful to PG Music for their products and our collaborators and many friends from this community who have encouraged her to explore new musical territory.

With these changes have come some interesting reactions from our old friends who are often surprised and/or perplexed at this change in direction. I’ve attempted with this lyric, inspired by her, to reflect the journey of a woman moving from folk to blues music. To try and achieve this the song starts in the present, flashes back and then finishes again in the present.

Maybe too ambitious for me, maybe too long, maybe a strange song structure but, what the heck, I just wanted to try and tell the story.

Bud

Janice: Vocal and vocal arrangement
Bud: RT arrangement, effects, mixing and mastering
Tom Adams: Lead Guitar, vocal processing, drum processing and infinite patience in guiding me through his Ozone mastering settings.

Huge thanks to floyd for offering great input on the arrangement and mix and to Lawrence for an arrangement suggestion (to the extent that I plan an updated version).

Bass: electric blues rock 1012
Drums: Blues Shuffle
Fingerpicked Guitar: 528
Fingerpicked Guitar: 1679
Resophonic Guitar: 585
Piano: 1591
Electric Rhythm Guitar: 421