Originally Posted By: R & AM
Hi Tom,

That's a good old heavy rock song. Professionally arranged.
We were wondering.... did you happen to use any distortion-like plug ins on your vocal(nice rough edge on the vocal) or was it recorded clean?

Regards,
R & AM

R& AM, I am impressed that you were able to pick out the effect. It was recorded clean but probably a little hot and I used a Nectar2 plug in preset Tight Soul. It has compression and Saturation which is like distortion. Thanks for the kind words. Tom

Originally Posted By: RichMac
Your guitar really has teeth Tommy. I could imagine CCR doing this one. Great vocal and lyrics. Cheers.

Richard, Thankfully the guitar has teeth because I am missing more than a few. Tom

Originally Posted By: gibson
Tom,

Quote:
Your guitar really has teeth
What a good way to describe your playing from RichMac!
Vocals are wonderful, you and the guitar are one!!
If you don't mind I shall steal that lick 2:12 to 2:16 pure genius.

excellent!!

Alyn

Alyn, Steal away. The guys in my former band were split on that lick. Half of them would say what the hell is wrong with you! Don't ever play that again! The other half would say that was the coolest thing I ever heard. Thanks for bringing attention to it. Tom

Originally Posted By: nobilis
+1 that ascending riff. Yeah. And the repeated riff/theme interjected in the choruses. Great guitar work that is up front and really supports the tune well.

Patrick, Those were my two favorite parts of this song. I must have been thinking of Jimmy Page on the chorus riff. Thanks for the comments. I appreciate your input. Tom

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
cool tune.... nice guitar tone....

Yup...someone else mentioned CCR..... it's got that classic CCR Bayou sound, just a bit updated.

Herb, I love Fogarty. Thanks to you and Richard for bringing that to my attention. I never thought of it. But now that you mention it...... Tom