Any type of plastic or synthetic nylon is liable to collect an electrical charge. The danger is NOT from the static charge directly but from the fact that is will impart a charge to the dust itself. The dust will then adhere to the equipment.

A better option is to use cotton cloth. I use old cotton flags and small blankets to cover my gear. Especially when I used to gig for a living, I had a southern heritage flag I used to cover the amp and speakers from the cigarette smoke and dust that would settle from the air in the clubs and get on the gear. We always covered the mixer too. One day I got a call from the club system manager (military clubs) stating that the site club mgr had removed my "rebel flag" since it was "offensive" to some of the people in the club.... so I had to use something else on that base.

Now, here in my studio, I use my Gadsden and Southern heritage flag on the amps, and on the mic, if I leave my Rode on the stand overnight, I have a purple & gold trimmed Crown Royal bag that fits over it nicely, and the draw string tightens snugly at the base..... that works for me. I have no mixer in my studio so that's a moot point.

You want to protect the gear from dust, but don't be crazy obsessed with it. Dust will still get in regardless, so a cleaning every now and them is all you need to do.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.