When one runs out of superlatives
there is just exclamations left like
WOW, OOOOH, & WOOOOOOW !!
What great singing and playing
and mixing on a superb tune !
Just great !!!:))

Cheers
Dani

Why thanks Dani! Didn't know you were a blues man :-)

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Janice and Bud,

Is this song awesome-plus or what!?!? I don't know what to type.

Even though the song stopped playing a few minutes ago, in my mind, I can still clearly hear Janice's sublime vocals and floyd weaving his way around them with the all skill of a gold-medal guitarist. Music doesn't get much (if any) better than this. For what it's worth, the arrangement is a perfect showcase for Janice's and floyd's talents.

I can't sign-off without commenting on the songwriting, too. It's top-notch all the way; excellent melody, excellent lyrics. I'm with Alyn in that I also looked at the words before listening and thought, "What a great rhyme; ridge and lineage!" Then, when "heritage" came along, I was pleasantly surprised and thought, "Wow! Another great rhyme. I think I like this one is better!"

Rob and Anne-Marie have already commented on this, and I agree. The simile, "The heat's been pressin' me down like God's own hand" is outstanding, incredibly visual.

I also really liked the way you took the traditional blues framework for the lyrics and tweaked it so that it became your own format but still recognisably a blues format. So, instead of line two of a verse being an exact repetition of line one, it was only a partial repetition at the back-end of the line two; very creative and it worked very effectively.

Alright! It's back for another listen! So much talent in so few people!

All the best,
Noel

Having you compliment both our rhyme structure and writing means a lot Noel. We know you are very knowledable about that. BTW, floyd mentioned to me last year that opening up the second line a bit in our 12 bar blues tunes might be a good idea!

I'm glad the simile worked for you. It came to me during a strenuous mountain bike ride in dark woods on a hot humid day. Thanks again!!