Originally Posted By: Sundance
Beautiful song and love the arrangement.

I don't have the little waving bic icon - if I did I would insert it here.

Swept me away. I love it when that happens. Josie

Josie - what a nice thing to say... to sweep you away, that's a delightful response..

Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Floyd and Janice,

BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL!

Guenter

Guenter - that may be my favorite review of all time... thank you.

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
totally unexpected change in style, but you both nailed it!

Interesting that you include the phrase "the way we were" in the lyrics because that's exactly my closest point of reference for this song.

It also reminded me of something BREAD might have recorded... probably due to the use of strings more than anything else. (the strings ARE very well done! I'll gladly lend a +1 to your request for more)

I kept expecting this to be a "hisnhers" perspective song in which Janice would solo a feminine point of view, but you opted to keep it unilateral... which probably works best anyway since the theme is best summarized by the question "do you remember?" (a question one person would pose to another)

Once again you display what a multi-talented song writer you are!

Pat - When that line happened in the writing ("the way we were") I almost changed it, knowing that there would be that comparison. But it was what needed to be there, so I left it. I did consider making this a back-and-forth his-n-her with Janice, but decided we'll do that somewhere else sometime... always do appreciate when you drop by for a comment or two... thanks for comin' 'round.... (Bread never got the respect that they deserved...)