This is one we did back in late 2011 on BIAB 11.5. This is one of the songs that was in the computer folder that got corrupted so, unfortunately, I don't have the tracks for you. There's a problem on the mix ... we accidentally posted the wrong cut. By the time we realized that, the computer file we had it in was corrupted and we no longer have the tracks, including Di's vocal. We hope to redo it sometime soon, depending on Di's health. As many of you know, she's having serious health issues due to a major stroke she had a couple of years back. It really stinks getting old. We're both a stone's throw away from 70. In case you're wondering, the avatar we use is about 2 years old ... we're both 66 years old in the avatar.

The problem is three-fold: 1. Di's voice is about a quarter second ahead of the music. It's painfully obvious between 2:23 and 2:27. 2. Di's voice is a bit too loud. 3. No final mix and master. So please keep all that in mind as you listen. I decided to post it anyway as several folks have PM'd me, asking me to post something with Di singing. This is the only BIAB cut, with Di singing, we've not yet posted. We have dozens of songs with her vocals, but they weren't created on BIAB, so can't post them here. Open to any and all comments. Thanks!

We did a couple of songs back at the end of last year on an online karaoke site we belong to. But that's it for her singing since then. here's a link to it if anyone is interested. It's a video of Di and me singing in December of 2013. It's not a BIAB track, so we'll pull the link down if anyone objects. I just thought you might like a dose of Di, plus see her in a video!

Directly below is a video of Di and me, as mentioned in the preceding paragraph. It's one of the last recordings she has done. The song for this post is below the line of dashes.

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/ae5f6669a

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLICK HERE TO HEAR "THE BEST THING I DO FOR ME" ------> http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11161520

Spending Time With You (Eb)
© 2011 Alan D. David, BMI / Diana Bowers, BMI - All Rights Reserved

(v1)
I like champagne in a crystal glass
And I sure do like my bubble bath
And then I like to paint my toes
Maybe put a little bit of powder on my nose
I like my steaks medium rare
Enjoying life without a care
I like a man in a stylish hat
But there’s one thing I like more than that

CHORUS
I love being pampered
We both know that’s true
But it’s all second best
To the day we said “I do”
The best thing I do for me
Is spending time with you

(v2)
I like shopping, buying new clothes
And I like ribbons, buttons and bows
It’s hard to beat a night on the town
Or sitting and reading when there ain’t no one else around
Daydreaming in the afternoon
Or talking to myself in a quiet room
Those things are nice, yes it’s a fact
But there’s one thing I like more than that

CHORUS
I love being pampered
We both know that’s true
But it’s all second best
To the day we said “I do”
The best thing I do for me
Is spending time with you

TAG
Ooooh…ooooh…ooooh
Best thing I do for me is, spending time with you

Last edited by Al-David; 09/15/14 11:00 AM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops