Something I put together one day when I was just exploring some of the features on BIAB. I happened to run across this genre and decided I'd play around with it. All I did was add the acoustic lead guitar and change a couple of chords from the sample track. I really didn't do all that much. But, that said, it got picked up by a production company in England to be used as the theme song for one of the segments of a documentary on Gypsy Jazz. The documentary is a couple of years away, is what I'm told.

I've played around with the piano, on the left channel, trying to get the proper volume in the mix. It was too soft, but did I bring it up too much? I'm undecided. You be the judge! If you have any other suggestions, we're open to hear them. The song was picked up as is, so won't be changing the mix we sent to the production company. But, for our own mix, we'd like to hear your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

The somewhat abrupt is ending is all on BIAB ... I didn't plan it that way! That's one of the very few downsides I have found with BIAB ... endings are often less than spectacular. Nonetheless, it's a fabulous piece of software! We love it!

Alan & Di

*** PS: Re-edited to bring the piano forward a bit more in the mix. Does it need more? Did I give it too much? Also added a different link to the song.

"The Happy Gypsy" ------ > http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12926091

Style is _GJFFIDS.STY (Gypsy Jazz Fast w/ Fiddle solo)

RealTracks in style: ~752:Bass, Acoustic, Jazz BeBop Sw 190
RealTracks in style: ~755:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Jazz BeBop Sw 190
RealTracks in song: ~1198:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm GypsyJazzFastGonzalo Sw 220
RealTracks in style: 1196:Fiddle, Soloist GypsyJazzFast Sw 220
RealTracks in song: 1203:Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist GypsyJazzFastJohn Sw 220 (Bluesy)
RealDrums in style: Jazz: a: HiHat b: Ride & Snare

Last edited by Al-David; 09/26/14 12:16 PM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops