A few things.

First... a huge congrats on the placement.... a few years out is a long time to wait....

Second.... if you don't like the default BB endings..... make your own. Select the NO BB 2 BAR ENDING or whatever it takes to get rid of the default ending.... then simply use a hold on the last bar. Yup... it just ended.... go in and remove the 2 bar ending....or.... do what I did recently.....simply ADD about 8 more bars to the song right before the ending..... then do a hold. The held chord will ring through several measures allowing enough time to do a nice reverb tail/ natural chord decay fade with an envelope. Waa Laa.... perfection. Yep, those BB endings get cut short like yours did..... depends on the genre and the tracks used.

Third.... now what was that other thing????? Oh yeah... The mushy bass with no definition that Floyd mentioned. DO you have a multi-band compressor? If not, you need one. Ozone has one in one of it's modules and it's really, really convenient and useful on something like that. You can actually split the instrument or voice into 4 unique frequency bands and compress each one of the bands differently. This allows you to put the kick and punch into something without overpowering the rest of the frequencies. I use it from time to time on kick drum and bass to accentuate the lowest freqs without making the rest of them loud.... it gives a noticeable kick in the bottom end..... of the music.

Combine that multi-band with parametric EQ and you have a really nice pair of tools to work on things.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.