Originally Posted By: floyd jane

Though you consider Brent's choice a "tonal disaster", I happen to like it and I trust that he knows what he is doing. Otherwise, I would not have used it in the first place. But, of course, you can't please everyone and everyone has their own tastes.

Read it again my friend.....I referred to MY forays into amps sims as "tonal disasters", not Brent's playing or his tone. The man knows what he's doing no doubt. However, that aside, yes, I have had to back up and try something different a number of times using Brent's tracks and those of others. The key change algorithm sometimes affects the audio in strange ways that make it.... well lets just say, plan B might be the best route during those times. Sounds like very sloppy playing and the tone is less than convincing.

And yeah, it's a matter of taste.... what works tone wise in one song doesn't necessarily work in another song. I was just commenting on the tone, which to my ears, didn't quite fit the framework and feel of the song. Mainly due to the EQ.

And make no mistake.... this is a very very small nit. The majority of folks probably don't agree with me on this at all and I'm fine with that....

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 10/09/14 09:28 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.