Hello all,

My granddaughter just turned 2, and like many grandpas, I am quite smitten with her. One day in August she and my daughter came out to our house which to them is "in the country." We have flowers, birds, and gardens that Stella really enjoyed. She had never seen hummingbirds before and she was fascinated watching them at our feeders. A couple of weeks later I was watching them myself, strumming my guitar and wondering what to do with all the hummingbird video and photos we had taken this summer - and this song sort of happened. I wrote it on classical guitar but the RT Bossa style was perfect for it so I just used that. It took me a while to find the right solo instrument, but I like the trombone feel on this. I introduced the video at her birthday party last weekend.

The lyrics are in the video so Stella can learn to read them as she watches this over and over, as my daughter says she inevitably will (I hope she gets an increase in her screen time for this). smile The photos and video up to the bridge are mine, but when I needed mama birds on nests and some amazing close-ups, I went to the talented Creative Commons sharers over at Flickr. Credits are at the end.

Hummingbird by Bruce Irving
http://youtu.be/IsvtJB88dvI

Thanks,
Bruce

BIAB info
tyle is _BOSSAGT.STY (Bossa Guitar Trio Ev (70-190))

RealTracks in style: ~~921:Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 110
RealTracks in style: ~~923:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BossaFreeComp Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 477:Trombone, Bossa Ev 140
RealDrums in style: BossaTerryClarke^2-a:Brushes , b:Blastix
Vocals are all me, recorded and mixed in Sonar X3.

SoundCloud
Blog: Music of the Spheres
Tools: BIAB 2015, Sonar X3, various iPhone/iPad apps