Hey Dean,

My great-grandmother on my father's side was from Untervaz, Switzerland. It's a small village of perhaps five or six thousand 60 Ks south of Vaduz, Lichtenstein. When I lived in Germany (was there almost 12 years), I often went to Basel and Zurich. On my father's side, I'm predominantly Welsh and Swiss. On my mother's side, it's German and irish.

The German dialect in Switzerland always reminded me of Bayerische Deutsch gone awry. I lived in the state of Rhineland Phalz, Germany for seven years and their dialect was quite pronounced and and different. Several Germans have told me that it's the German equivalent of American Hillbilly/Redneck.

One genre of music I miss from Europe is Gypsy Jazz. It's almost non-existant here in the States. I've always been a huge Django Rheihardt fan.

I left Germany in 1988 and haven't been back since. I have forgotten many of the peripheral words, but I do go online and occasionally read the German newspapers from the towns I lived in.

Okay, I've hijacked this thread long enough. Best to ya ...

Alan

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops