My goodness! The forum seems to have exploded all of a sudden.
It is great to see so much activity! The last couple of months were a bit slow...

Noel - I was not expecting this one to return, but I always love to read your assessments of a song. And it is gratifying that you always manage to catch the salient points in the writing process that make a song what it is. They are there for a reason - and you understand that - and I appreciate that you do. The aspects of the "set-up" for this song that you point out are often missed - yet are important in creating a song that "works" from beginning to end. The verses pointing to some aspect of the chorus is important. And, changing up that focus in the next chorus or bridge is equally important. So that the song works on more than one level. A one-dimensional song pales in comparison to a song that shifts the focus yet maintains the payoff of the hook or title with each change. The one-dimensional song simply repeats in the 2nd verse what it said in the 1st. A song that "grows" as it goes is obviously a "richer experience" for the listener....

Thanks you for sharing your thoughts on this one.....

And PAT!!!
Man! What a VERY nice thing to say. I am humbled. And, grateful, of course. This forum is a unique, wonderful place with unique, wonderful people. And an AMAZING amount of talent considering how small it is. The quality of writing here surpasses many sites that are geared towards writing. The quality of production is mind-boggling. I do have to say... Noel is the one who taught me (by example) how to conduct yourself on a forum - that everyone has a valid point of view - that everyone has something to offer - that everyone should be given a chance to "show their stuff". To learn, to grow, to shine. No one "knows it all" (regardless of what they may think... smile ). Thank you for the nice words. Your posts are every bit as enjoyable as the best of them... Your perspective on songs and their production are as delightful as our friend Noel's...