Dean, (AKA "Sensei" from this day forward)

I simply don't believe you could possibly suck at teaching yet be so extraordinary at music performance. "SUCK" is an attitude that tends to take over someone's life, affecting every aspect of it. If you truly "sucked" it would certainly have affected your music.. but your music is amazing!

I have my own theories about spoiled college kids, partying on Daddy's dime then giving the teachers evaluations that are exactly as bad as their grades. My theory is succinctly summarized as follows: Those SET questionnaires say more about the kids than they say about you. Period. If anythings sucks, it is the "dedication to task" of the average college kid.

As to the completely different question of whether teaching as a career was toxic to your health: YOU'RE A MUSICIAN FER CRYIN' OUT LOUD! Any musician forced to earn a living any other way besides music is unconditionally allowed to hate the other job! All musicians everywhere agree on this. (which happens to be exactly the reason why I recently decided to exit my job prematurely... I want to play music, and the inability to scratch that itch was certifiably toxic)

By the way, I went back and listened to this latest song in light of other forum members' comments, and there may be hope for me yet. Don't give up on me. I'm ignorant, but but teachable.