Nice song.

Really nice work. That new Rode is getting the job done. I also have a nice Rode in my studio.... well worth the cost for the result it gives. Nice clean vocals. I use mine on vox and acoustic instruments. I have also mic'd my amp with it.

The chorus is catchy as heck. Loved the harmony on the bridge. Nice guitar playing too on the solo if that was live. (just looked back and it's a BB track...really nice) The vocal harmony on the last chorus as the music stops.... really nice. Nice production chops. All around thumbs up.

Now.... my nits with this....

Trying to figure if it's an inspirational/religious kind of song or about something else..... or someone else. Having the lyrics missing doesn't help. What I could hear was a bit cryptic to my understanding of the subject matter. A listener should generally come away from the song understanding it..... unless it's a Beatles song about Walruses, plasticene people and such things.....koo koo ka choo.... maybe I just missed it and everyone else gets it.... that's been the case in other songs before.

One thing I noticed was in the verses the lyrics tend to repeat the same words..... repetition is good, but in the chorus where you have it, it works well. Verses should generally avoid repetition of the same words. Using the same words... horizon, fires, dark night in verses one and two.... well, it's kinda lazy songwriting. Each verse should be unique, and even in the same verse, unless it's really important to repeat a word more than once.... don't. Put your thinking cap on and dig deeper for unique ways of saying something.

All in all, I like this song. Good work...

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.