At college, in the early '70's the boys and I wasted most weekend afternoons in summer walking down Oxford Street or Kings Road, London, trying to be cool and connect with chicks *peace and love sign". One had remarkable, and impressive success, of a second date. Then nearly 40 years later I saw the old toerag being interviewed on TV for some reason, which reminded me of those days. Then soon after I was watching a medical documentary TV program when the professor, mentioned in the song, said what he said and this developed from there, poem first.

rockstar_not, Scott, gave the heads up for the free VSTi PLEX2. and this appeared. Thanks Scott!

there's nothing so sweet as when you're walking down a city street and you see that girl walk by,
the girl that somehow someway caught your eye
the smell of her perfume fills your mind and takes over every living thought in that day
and you don't know why.
well a professor on the TV said that there are smell receptors in the front of our brain that govern our actions when we fall in love
err?
ha! so its got nothing to do with her big brown eyes and that to you she is the prettiest, prettiest girl you've ever seen
*sigh*

tonight i'll sit alone and wait for you
tonight we both should go to sleep, to dream
our minds as one should make some sense of it all, maybe
and then we could change who's happening in our lives.

you got that look baby looking at your face, you got something that I want it, it's a funky little boat race
time's bin kind to you, more than I can say for me but that's another story cos I'm talking about you
you take my breath away in more ways than one ooh and if you talked to me well I'd have a number too many people running out my life in this day and age and its making me so mad
something gotta go right
cos something's happened tonight
I can't be alone in thinking that this at last may be right
maybe I'm outa my mind but we should be together, always be together insane in our natural serotonin dreams.

so next day you are there at the same time, gotta be the same place, and you hope that she will turn up and look for you just as you are looking for her
if it was in black and white it would be like an old movie in your mind and you are Burt Lancaster she is Deborah Kerr in "From here to eternity"
on THAT beach in 1953

no matter what you are thinking its a marvelous thing
when its tripping away out of control
and running on steam, just running on empty running on the smells in the air that you can breathe and she can breathe
just the two of you
ahh there she is
"Hi"
"My name is Al"

****** Song Summary *************
Style MIDI Instruments are : Acoustic Guitar (26), Strings (49),
RealTracks in song: ~713:Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 085 (B:energetic)
RealTracks in song: 921:Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 1175:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm PopCalypso Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 1903:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm Bolero Ev 090
RealTracks in song: 2334:String Quartet, Rhythm PopChamber Ev 085
RealDrums in Song: NashPopBallad^01-a:SideStick, Partially Closed HiHat , b:Snare, Partially Closed HiHat

I used the BIAB Chord track and the arpeggiator in Cubase for the synths. Using PLEX2, EMU Proteus and FM7.
A bit of me on keyboard and guitar
and a bongo loop from ACID.

enjoy

Alyn