Floyd, Charlie and Greg thanks for the listens and nice comments.

I have always loved Xmas albums and never tire of these timeless songs no-matter what style they get done in. I have always loved the smooth jazz take on christmas and for a long time wanted to do an album but felt perhaps the smooth jazz (Kenny G/David Koz) style had been overdone so I wanted to create a collection of various styles but all with a bit of a smooth vibe.

To me Silent Night should be laid back whilst God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen has always in my mind needed an almost Santana sound to it. I wanted to limit the album to around 25-28 mins and only include carols.

As these songs are so well loved I felt that some should be stripped back and left a little bare so Deck the Halls and Hark the Herald seemed to need this style so where the candidates.

I also wanted a little smooth country vibe and as I love the mandolin felt it must feature somewhere so Oh Come All Ye Faithful went from smooth jazz to rock and finally ended up with the mandolin and country vibe

One song didn't make the grade Angles we have heard on high, just couldn't get the melody to flow as I wanted so rather than put it on for the sake I cut it.

Thanks again for the nice comments

Adrian