Beautifully written song Greg. The lyrics certainly strike an emotional truth with so many who share these feelings on this forum and dreamers everywhere. That movie must have really moved you to write such a fabulous song. The arrangement is absolutely perfect.

The "scotch and cigarettes" melody I recognized as "learn how to pretend" from Boz Scaggs song "We're All Alone" and I thought uh-oh. So I went and played it on Youtube and sans that one commonality - not an unusual occurance in songwriting - the rest of the song is quite different. Then listening to both back to back, I was truly impressed how your song held it's own up against a classic top ten hit. So many times that is not the case.

You should be very VERY proud of this one. Writes like this don't come along every day.

I can identify so much with FJ getting beside himself over this because the only thing songwriters love as much as writing a great song - is hearing one.

With the production tweaked to showcase your voice in all it's true tone's glory, A+ from me.

I second that standing "O".

Josie